Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 10-29-2005, 12:03 AM   #51
UNDERBYTE
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
I'm now not at all sure its malice, the financial statement is dire

legal action favors the employer,
no intention at all to impact Swiftech buyers - where you seeing that ?

lol, always another side
I have seen allot worse as far as finacials go. A few tweaks on expenses (lay off an employee or two/find a cheaper rent etc.) and they are profitable, it looks to me that you could get your cash out if you were aggressive(put some liens on property? )

I think what I am shocked about is the gross sales volumes, when I sold real estate I had occasion to sell a couple of small bussiness. The little corner deli's would gross about a 750k-1.3 mill with net profit 200-400k.

I thought there was more meat to the hobby water cooling market - for all the noise, reviews, discussion etc. you have a slew of mom and pop's, taiwanese small shops all chasing after a pretty small pie
UNDERBYTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #52
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERBYTE
I have seen allot worse as far as finacials go. A few tweaks on expenses (lay off an employee or two/find a cheaper rent etc.) and they are profitable, it looks to me that you could get your cash out if you were aggressive(put some liens on property? )

I think what I am shocked about is the gross sales volumes, when I sold real estate I had occasion to sell a couple of small bussiness. The little corner deli's would gross about a 750k-1.3 mill with net profit 200-400k.

I thought there was more meat to the hobby water cooling market - for all the noise, reviews, discussion etc. you have a slew of mom and pop's, taiwanese small shops all chasing after a pretty small pie
Cheaper rent and terminating a couple of employees is not going to improve these financials. The problem is much deeper.
Lothar5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #53
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar5150
@Cathar we have had a few disputes on the importance of good leadership/management, let these financial statements be clear real world examples what happens to a company with out good leadership/management…innovation only gets you a quarter of the way home.
No, I recall our "disputes" were about your marketing bullshit, and about you crying "innovation" when none was on show.

I have no idea how you arrive at your statements. Seems to me that you just say whatever the heck you want to say 'cos you feel like saying it, regardless of any basis in historical fact or whatever statements were made before.

Leave me out of your incoherent ramblings. I want nothing to do with you. I really don't care what you have to say.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #54
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbug
Bill, i will keep out of this discussion, but just out of curiosity for us that not hang around here so often and like to know more to this story. Who is this Stephen? And why did you train him? Could he fill your shoes just like that at Swiftech, with all the knowledge in the area that you have behind you? Is it really possible to train another Bill?
Stephen M. (don't remember spelling), aka Zytrahus, is a young very bright, very educated engr who was/is David's sidekick at Cooling-Masters. That Gabe has chosen NOT to publicize the hiring of someone with his capabilities can be explained only by Gabe's relative insecurity (Gabe's title is CTA, Chief Thermal Architect).
Stephen specialized in testing, understood my crude equipment immediately, and started improving the data collection immediately. Additionally, given his superior education, his analysis capabilities (CFD) are beyond mine.
The other difference between us is my greater experience, but Stephen will catch up quickly given access to good data. Stephen's ability to impact Swiftech will be constrained by the same limit I had, no money for R&D/prototyping

I trained him as part of an agreement to preclude my immediate resignation due to nonpayment, this was the last is a series of broken agreements
but hey, the switch from a high cost employee to low was made
which is ok,I AM a dinosaur
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #55
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar
Wow Bill. Living proof that there are Americans who see through the extreme capitalistic bullshit.
There's a lot more than you think, Cathar. It hit me about 12 years ago and I gave up lots of money to have a more meaningful life. If you ask me, the blue collar people in the US are (by and large) nicer to be around.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #56
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
No, I recall our "disputes" were about your marketing bullshit, and about you crying "innovation" when none was on show.

I have no idea how you arrive at your statements. Seems to me that you just say whatever the heck you want to say 'cos you feel like saying it, regardless of any basis in historical fact or whatever statements were made before.

Leave me out of your incoherent ramblings. I want nothing to do with you. I really don't care what you have to say.
Actually I don’t ever recall crying innovation with regard to CoolingWorks radiators. I do recall saying it outperformed the BIX.

As for the reference comment, a while back you made some churlish comment about Dilbert and I pointed out that managers need to be good generalists.

As for bullshit...how about you fainting neutrality in this issue regarding Swiftech. Clearly your have an interest in not seeing anything affect Swiftech sales, as Swiftech #1 block is your Storm.
Unread 10-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #57
greenman100
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Clearly your have an interest in not seeing anything affect Swiftech sales, as Swiftech #1 block is your Storm.

pretty sure that is not Cathar's main source of income
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #58
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Wow some more wild and entertaining accusations. It seems theres been a focus shift at ProColing. It used to be all about theological and political, now its "Lets bash people and/or businesses with wild assumptions!"

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #59
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
No doubt. However, there is an interest economic and/or personal.
Unread 10-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #60
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
Wow some more wild and entertaining accusations. It seems theres been a focus shift at ProColing. It used to be all about theological and political, now its "Lets bash people and/or businesses with wild assumptions!"
Indeed. Glad I didn't get into the "business".
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #61
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
At last measurement, it amounted to <1% of our household's annual gross income. Certainly nothing we'd particularly notice, or weep over the loss of, if it suddenly disappeared. I am happy to disclose such though.

Seems to me that Lothar5150 is the one who should be watching what is said, as he represents a financial interest who would directly stand to benefit from increased market-share if Swiftech were to disappear. Here he is here, happily joining in on an anti-Swiftech sentiment, attacking anyone who is associated, regardless of how minor.

...and he's the one slinging mud? How transparent is he, I ask, and how stupid does he think to take the readers of Procooling for? There seems to be asolutely no low to which Lothar5150 will sink, and this has always been my main beef with him. "Bottom-feeder" is what I hear him referred to as by some in the industry.

Go on Lothar. Continue to dig the hole of public contempt. I would imagine that this thread represents some pretty tasty slime on the rocks of business fecal fallout for you to feast on. You certainly seem to be enjoying yourself.

Last edited by Cathar; 10-29-2005 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Misspelled transparent
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #62
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Joe did you put this in your sig

"and for the rude and obsessive there is procooling"--BillA

BTW I'll have a Samuel Jackson
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #63
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Cathar

All projects currently on my company’s slate are OEM and military projects. Potentially the largest project is a product for military and it has absolutely nothing to do with thermal management.
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #64
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Potentially the largest project is a product for military and it has absolutely nothing to do with thermal management.
Potentially, as in not a source of income yet. Gonna have to do better than that to extricate yourself from your warm little nest of droppings.

A bottom-feeder, and a bad liar too.
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #65
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Damn it Joe, when you going to add the popcorn smilie?
Attached Images
File Type: gif e025.gif (6.7 KB, 135 views)
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #66
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Potentially, as in not a source of income yet. Gonna have to do better than that to extricate yourself from your warm little nest of droppings.

A bottom-feeder, and a bad liar too.
The OEM project my company just complete is a source of income. The humor of the OEM is that I was the only one in the industry who had enough professional credibility and personal integrity to get it.

I take great exception to being called a liar, care to qualify that statement.
Unread 10-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #67
superart
Cooling Savant

As long as we're going off topic here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxSaleen
Off Topic:

I am not for capital punishment, but I do not believe that certain people should be allowed to live. I'm talking about terrorists here.
I am not for the eating of doughnuts, but I do not believe that certain pastries should be allowed to go undigested. I'm talking about the jelly-filled here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERBITE
Thats not net profit 200-400k, thats net profit 200-400k as far as the IRS is concerned.

Looking to buy/trade for used Deep Fryer and Vacume Pack Sealer.
superart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #68
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

I need to engage Ben to manage my next career change

Cathar
you and another asked the question whose answer can be deduced by postulating the conditions for a win-win for me

do you guys like marketing ?
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:50 PM   #69
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by superart
As long as we're going off topic here,

I am not for the eating of doughnuts, but I do not believe that certain pastries should be allowed to go undigested. I'm talking about the jelly-filled here.

Thats not net profit 200-400k, thats net profit 200-400k as far as the IRS is concerned.
indeed
these statements/pdfs seem heavily doctored to me - unless im reading them totally wrong (quite possible, didnt pay too much attention) - but wages paid to date are only $46ishk, and swiftechs site says they employ 20 people - hell, even 3 people at a distinctly average wage would be much, much less than that... or am i reading it wrongly, how is this done in the US?
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #70
flatline
Cooling Savant

whats all this "Bottom-feeder" as a fish keeper i find that insulting to my plecos as thay dont swim about trashtalking makers of watercooling parts i think thay shud be left out of it there only trying to keep the rocks cleen
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #71
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etacovda
indeed
these statements/pdfs seem heavily doctored to me - unless im reading them totally wrong (quite possible, didnt pay too much attention) - but wages paid to date are only $46ishk, and swiftechs site says they employ 20 people - hell, even 3 people at a distinctly average wage would be much, much less than that... or am i reading it wrongly, how is this done in the US?
Nothing doctored about the pdfs

http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/finance.jsp?symbol=RCHN
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #72
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
I take great exception to being called a liar, care to qualify that statement.
Quote:
All projects currently on my company’s slate are OEM and military projects. Potentially the largest project is a product for military and it has absolutely nothing to do with thermal management.
Your statement reads as an effective declaration that your company does not derive any source of income from thermal management products that compete with Swiftech's range of products.

See, you talk about integrity and credibility, and attempt to cast aspersions my way. I openly disclose my level of interest when asked, yet when the question is put to you, you duck and weave as if you stand to gain nothing from Swiftech going south and have no directly attributable sources of income from thermal management products.

You are lying through omission and you know it. To think you talk of credibility and integrity. The very words are tainted whenever you speak them.
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:34 PM   #73
Investor
Cooling Neophyte

I love this whole thread! Love it! Love IT!
Investor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:05 PM   #74
Bloody_Sorcerer
Cooling Neophyte

You say that the 12T beats a BIX, yet in the ONLY comparative testing I've seen between the two, done by maxxxracer and posted at XS, the BIX beat the 12T by .2C when both were shrouded and .3C without shrouds.
Bloody_Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #75
Investor
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer
You say that the 12T beats a BIX, yet in the ONLY comparative testing I've seen between the two, done by maxxxracer and posted at XS, the BIX beat the 12T by .2C when both were shrouded and .3C without shrouds.

WOW, this is hardcore... 0.2C??? 0.3C??? What kind of MOE are we talking here?

Procooling rocks...
Investor is offline   Reply With Quote