Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 07-01-2001, 10:18 PM   #1
Techniquest
Cooling Neophyte

Default What temps do you get with Tbird 1.4 and Swiftech 462-A heatsink?

My system with an ASUS A7A266 is showing higher temps that I believe, about 50 degree's C with a Swiftech 462-A heatsink and high output fan on it.

This is much cooler than my Alpha PAL6035, but still much warmer than I expected. Do you think that my motherboard sensor is way out of calibration, not that I could do anything about it except add another probe.

Could it really be that hot? This is with the case open and only 1.8 VDC on the core.
I have seen the temps as low as 125 degree's F. when the case is open and no real load on the CPU for a long period of time.

Mobo temp indicates about 85 degrees F. and the ambient room temperature is probably around 75.
Techniquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2001, 10:22 AM   #2
cyril1
Cooling Neophyte

According to radiate you should be seeing a FL temp of 42c with that HS and core voltage with the case open. How much HS compound did you use? Should be paper thin layer at most.
cyril1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2001, 03:39 PM   #3
Nomad
Cooling Neophyte

HrMMMM!! Well Well With that Swiftech my max temp is 38 degrees on an Abit Kt7a.

I guess you need a better delta fan on that heatsink.
Unread 08-09-2001, 08:45 PM   #4
Bighitter
Cooling Neophyte

Running the swiftech on my kt7a-raid with 1.33 at 1.90 volts the temps stay at about 10c above ambient. So on average I see 32-37c.
Bighitter is offline   Reply With Quote