Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 11-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #1
DDogg
Cooling Neophyte

Default Lang D3 data and LVM pumps

Came across this page and thought it might be of interest to some of you.

I also thought these unusual high head LVM 12/24 v pumps might be worth posting. Specifically the LVM 107 (Nile) 2.38 gpm @ 11.5 ft head, the product spec sheet show 25 ft as shutoff. Note they can be in-line as there is a 1/2 hose barb under the strainer. I wonder if they make a lot of racket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc_curve.jpg (61.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg LVM2.jpg (29.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg nile.jpg (33.8 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by DDogg; 11-16-2004 at 10:57 AM.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

The LVM107 looks to be the only one with any promise. The others pull 6-7amps at 12v, way too much power. The LVM107 pulls 2amps so 24watts and 11.5ft of head looks nice.

They do say continuously rated but it doesnt look like any of them were designed to run 24/7. All the applications are temporary; transfer pump, hosing down cars etc...
JamesAvery22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
JoeKamel
Cooling Neophyte

Contacted the US distributors on LVM's website. One isn't really a distributor, but they told me they have sold the pumps from time to time to individuals. The other has stopped carrying the pumps due to low sales and what's left is closeout, they did reccomend another pump line, made by Whale Water Systems. Not too much technical info on the website. The US distributor (Whale Pumps) told me that they're relaunching the pumps and so flow curves and current draw information isnt available. I have to try to get back in tough a little later today and we'll see. This pump looks very interesting. 10m head, with 8 LPM flow. *IF* it turns out that it's that flow rate at that head with some reasonable power consumption, someone may want to take a look at it.

Edit: It might be worth looking at them, not sure. Talked to their applications engineer about the 1215 series pump (12V DC, 12 LPM max flow). The pump is going to draw 7A @ 31m, and get about 3 GPM at about 21m. He is emailing me the specs on the 0812 and 0815, but from his description, it seems the curve is very close to that of the RZ series Iwakis. The gentleman also told me that they have had customers using them in continuous use setups. Not bad for ~$100.00

Last edited by JoeKamel; 11-16-2004 at 02:24 PM.
JoeKamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2004, 01:51 PM   #4
lolito_fr
Cooling Savant

Quote:
This pump looks very interesting. 10m head, with 8 LPM flow
Looks like a diaphram pump (not likely to be "quiet"), with a brushed motor (very limited MTBF).
lolito_fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
JoeKamel
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolito_fr
Looks like a diaphram pump (not likely to be "quiet"), with a brushed motor (very limited MTBF).
It is. The literature I found on their website didn't say, and I started doing some digging around, took me a coupel retailers to verify and you were right. Ohwell, it was close to being something interesting I guess.
Unread 11-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
DDogg
Cooling Neophyte

"Ohwell, it was close to being something interesting I guess." - yup, I had hoped it might be something different, but I doubt there is much 'new' to be found.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
JoeKamel
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah. I'm no expert at all on pumps and their various uses, but the pumps we're usiung for are not pumps designed for what we're doing. There are only so many manufacturers that we can look at. Unless someone with ties to a manufacturer (cough*bill*cough) and is able to show enough demand to justify a modification of a design more suited to our purposes, we will continue to be looking at pumps designed for other purposes.

That LVM pump looks very very interesting, just wish that there was a more reliable distribution channel in the USA.
Unread 11-17-2004, 03:28 AM   #8
lolito_fr
Cooling Savant

Hehe, I'd bet money that the LVM is also a brushed motor.
Remember the thread on the Johnson pumps?
Unread 11-17-2004, 04:23 AM   #9
JoeKamel
Cooling Neophyte

I wouldn't be surprised... Look at its size and then tell me how it can have a mag drive motor in it.
Unread 11-17-2004, 04:45 AM   #10
lolito_fr
Cooling Savant

It could have a brushless shaft drive ala CSP750. But who'd want one?
(Plenty pleople as long as its cheap)
Unread 11-22-2004, 02:59 PM   #11
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKamel
... The pump is going to draw 7A @ 31m, and get about 3 GPM at about 21m...
Im sure thats just startup draw, but still... 84watts is way too much. Even 50...
JamesAvery22 is offline   Reply With Quote