Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 02-17-2001, 11:27 PM   #1
Icemanzero
Cooling Neophyte

Default Water Temp Problem Please Advise

I need some advise I have a 1gig T-bird @ 1250 @ 1.80v with a 118W Pelt on a separate PS. I have a Swiftech water block & Cooper cold plate. (Great product I must add!)also I use Artic silver. I have Leufken's Alum. tank with inline pump and that 4x4 plate Radiator that every knows about w/ 2 92mm Sanyo/denki 55CFM fans on it. One blowing cool air across it, and the other sucking it out. Heres the prob. When I first start up and the water is @ amb. the backside of the chip is right around 18F @ idle and under full load gets around 50F but after 2 or so hours the heat builds up in the tank as high as 103F when the system temp is only about 80F! Seems as if I just cant get this damn water cool no matter what I do and its pissing me off!! any advice would be very well received and you can ICQ me even, if you would like. 24964100 Thanks in advance. -Ice
Icemanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2001, 05:16 PM   #2
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

You are using that radiator in a blowhole-style way... right?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2001, 05:18 PM   #3
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Woah... I re-read the post. Didn't see the whole thing about a peltier w/ a high wattage TEC. Okay... You are going to need better cooling than just a 4x4 radiator. We need to think of a better way to cool that water. How much room do you have in your case and what kind of case is it?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Icemanzero
Cooling Neophyte

Yes the radiator Fans are setup with blow holes and and are vented out. My case is an Enlight EN-8900. Its a big full server type tower, has two PS's, but with everything being self-contained and fans and all,its getting a bit cramped for space. So what would you suggest?

[This message has been edited by Icemanzero (edited 02-18-2001).]
Unread 02-18-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Icemanzero
Cooling Neophyte

I forgot to add, from the water block it flows to the 4X4 stacked plate rad. then it goes into a Alum. Water block with a 50W TEC with a GlobalWin HS+Fan on it to try and knock the temp down a little before it goes into the Alum. tank which has fans blowing on it also.
Unread 02-18-2001, 08:26 PM   #6
SYX
Cooling Neophyte

This is kinda little in this case, but I dunno what some people are thinking. You want coldest water to go on waterblock so it takes in as much heat as possible... putting radiator after waterblock is a small minus because water will get heat from aluminum tank where there is more idle warm water and go to the water block.

Also for full tower case I strongly suggest cooling cube from dangerden.
SYX is offline   Reply With Quote