Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
Reaper_Unreal
Cooling Neophyte

Default Athlon64 Waterblock Recomendation

It's been a while since I've had to shop for watercooling parts and I've pretty much just fallen out of the loop. I'm upgrading my computer (read: getting a new everything) and now I need to change up my water cooling. I'll be cooling an Athlon 64 4000+, maybe slightly overclocked. My main goal is for it to be silent. I'll be using a Hydor L30, BIX, and 5.25" bayres. The tubing is all 1/2"ID, except for the bayres which, because some people don't know how to measure, is 1/2" OD. So what would best fit my needs? Also, I don't really want to spend too much. I know, it's asking for a lot.
Reaper_Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
kaotic504
Cooling Neophyte

for a cheap option, the Swiftech 6002 series is right around $42, a TDX would cost just over $50 and for quite possibly the best solution out right now, the Swiftech Storm is about $76. i've see the TDX used for as low as $25.
kaotic504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

Gotta agree with Kaotic on this one, for low cost go with Swiftech 6002 or the TDX and for best commercially available solution go with the Swiftech Storm.
Unread 07-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #4
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

I put up another hand for the 6002. Great bang for the buck. I personally own a 6000 (3/8").
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
Reaper_Unreal
Cooling Neophyte

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. What kind of temps can I expect with the 6002?
Reaper_Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote