Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 09-27-2003, 05:06 PM   #1
swarprix0r
Cooling Neophyte

Default Power Supply Help

I just bought myself a new case and power supply with the intent of building my first water cooled system. I bought this case Ahanix Blu Series III
and this power supply
SilenX 350 Watt PSU

I'm not really planning on doing any overclocking on my system (Barton 2500 & ASUS A7N8X motherboard) in the beginning of my system, but what I was wondering, is if the powersupply is powerful enough to overclock w/ fans for rad, and videocard? Thanks for your help
Josh
swarprix0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
Zhentar
Cooling Savant

That PSU should be plenty good enough. Watch out though because the fan will speed up under heavy load and high case temps.
Zhentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
swarprix0r
Cooling Neophyte

Ya...I had thought about that...Im posting my WC system that Im getting as soon as I get done with this one, so youll see what Im going to be running there. What about if I'm running a fan controller. I was thinking the Zalman 6 Channel
Zalman Multi Channel
Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this controller, or know of a way I can get one off the internet. I want to run 4 fans from it (2 case, 2 radiator[push/pull]) and then my cathode lights(not sure which ones yet)..will this work?
Thanks
Josh
swarprix0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
Zhentar
Cooling Savant

If I remember correctly that controller uses PWM and will cause clicking when undervolting fans, but I could be wrong. Check the fans&controls forum at www.silentpcreveiw.com for info on a good fan controller.
Zhentar is offline   Reply With Quote