Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 06-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
TheStapleGunKid
Cooling Neophyte

Default Custom Case with FLAMES!!!!

check out the link for the full buildup.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-162-1.htm
TheStapleGunKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Nice and clean, very sharp looking!

I don't see any fluid in the tubes though:shrug:
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
Nice and clean, very sharp looking!

I don't see any fluid in the tubes though:shrug:
You want them to actually USE that thing? No, no, no Ben, that is one merely to fondle and to pat one's own back about. Silly boy.
Unread 06-17-2003, 02:34 PM   #4
TheStapleGunKid
Cooling Neophyte

Sorry, I had to rush it to get it finished up for the article. I'm finishing/sealing it up this evening, and putting it into use....it does have all my main hardware in it.
Unread 06-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
JSimmons
Cooling Savant

Location: 4-sided room with an exit going east, and an exit going south

I think it's gawdy and over done - different strokes I guess...
Unread 06-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #6
sn_85
Cooling Savant

why are there two different threads about one case? if you wanna pimp your case and get some nice comments then put it in some gallery. just dont go posting the same thread over and over.

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=7012

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=7011
sn_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
TheStapleGunKid
Cooling Neophyte

Well, there seemed to be two sections in the forums here, that it applied to. But if one of the mods wants to erase one of the threads, please do.

So J, what do you think of the case again?

EDIT: oh...i see what's wrong...I just checked the links in your sig JSimmons.... you're suffering from a severe case of envy
Unread 06-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #8
nOv1c3
Crazy Stupid

I think you did a great job on it looks good
nOv1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 04:44 PM   #9
Crosstrack16
Cooling Savant

I agree. I think its a great combination of creativity and the ability to actually use it. Awesome job!!
Crosstrack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2003, 05:52 PM   #10
JSimmons
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by TheStapleGunKid

EDIT: oh...i see what's wrong...I just checked the links in your sig JSimmons.... you're suffering from a severe case of envy
First the pun - "case of envy" - very funny, but doubtful intended.

Now, onto the business at hand...

Ummm, not quite. By the way, I didn't say it wasn't done well, I just said it was, in my ever-so-humble opinion, over-done and gawdy. You should take into consideration however that I'm probably 20-25 years older than you, and I'm far past the need to paint flames on anything.

Admittedly, my case mod experience is limited, fraught with danger for the casual observer or passer-by, and wholly utilitarian in it's goals. I'm not attempting to deny you the joy and wonder at the completion of your recent case mod, but I'm really glad that mine doesn't make any noise, and doesn't assault my visual senses with garish lighting effects.

Mine is but a simple black cube hidden under the desk, almost silent and out of sight, indistinguishable from the shadows with which it shares it's domain.

Unread 06-17-2003, 09:57 PM   #11
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by JSimmons
First the pun - "case of envy" - very funny, but doubtful intended.

Now, onto the business at hand...

Ummm, not quite. By the way, I didn't say it wasn't done well, I just said it was, in my ever-so-humble opinion, over-done and gawdy. You should take into consideration however that I'm probably 20-25 years older than you, and I'm far past the need to paint flames on anything.

Admittedly, my case mod experience is limited, fraught with danger for the casual observer or passer-by, and wholly utilitarian in it's goals. I'm not attempting to deny you the joy and wonder at the completion of your recent case mod, but I'm really glad that mine doesn't make any noise, and doesn't assault my visual senses with garish lighting effects.

Mine is but a simple black cube hidden under the desk, almost silent and out of sight, indistinguishable from the shadows with which it shares it's domain.

I am of the same opinion and my comp is under the desk and basically out of sight aswell. I am getting hammered at amdmb.com for thinking this way on this very case.

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=234185

If you have an opinion that doesn't match then your a flamer and a pot stirrer!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!!!
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 05:22 AM   #12
JSimmons
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by jaydee116
I am of the same opinion and my comp is under the desk and basically out of sight aswell. I am getting hammered at amdmb.com for thinking this way on this very case.

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread....hreadid=234185

If you have an opinion that doesn't match then your a flamer and a pot stirrer!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!!!
I find it fairly humorous that jenious/staplegunkid finds it necessary to insult someone for expressing a negative opinion about his case mod. The simple truth of the matter is that some folks just won't like it for whatever reason. Even if those reasons seem petty or insignifficant, that's no reason to insult them or treat them any differently than people who fall over themselves saying how cool it is.
Unread 06-18-2003, 08:36 AM   #13
msv
Cooling Savant

Jaydee, if anyone kicks at You for telling Your opinion, kick back!
OK, flames, well, as a mod it´s a helluva job, even though I´m not into flames.
Checking another link
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=7033
we find another, totally different approach to computer modding. Neither this one gets my liking, since it´s not even close to portable. Nevertheless it´s an impressive work, well worth all respect.
Personally I prefer sleepers, computers, cars, whatever, that look completely innocent until they show their performance.
How big rad can one get into a Chieftec Dragon miditower with no traces whatsoever on the outside of the case? DD Heater Core?
regards
Mikael S.
msv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 09:38 AM   #14
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by JSimmons
I find it fairly humorous that jenious/staplegunkid finds it necessary to insult someone for expressing a negative opinion about his case mod. The simple truth of the matter is that some folks just won't like it for whatever reason. Even if those reasons seem petty or insignifficant, that's no reason to insult them or treat them any differently than people who fall over themselves saying how cool it is.
Well the worst part is it wasn't staplegunkid that had the issues with the comments!!! It was a couple other Modder's. I don't understand why they have such issues. It is like they are trying to justify to themselfs what they are doing by flaming anyone who points out it is a waste of time or it doesn't look good. They get insulted by the fact some people would rather not see the computer at all and don't want a flaming dragster sitting on their desk that doesn't do anything but look good. Hell I can surf the net just as good with my plain jane comp hidden under the desk as I can with a comp that has a bunch of tricked out flashy stuff on it. I just can't justify the expense of it. I don't want my comp looking like a UFO or a dragster. Doesn't make it work any better and I sure the hell am not out ot impress anyone by how "leet" my comp looks.

Sure staplegunkid deserves respect for the work done, but I am not going to lie to him and tell him it is a perfect peice of work second to none.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote