Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 07-02-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Default Think this cold plate is Big enough?

Hoooot! This should be able to cool that pesky pelt !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

The shipping wasn't all that cheep, but I couldn't resist that ten dollar price tag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg be_12_s[1].jpg (24.2 KB, 55 views)
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #2
supergeek
Cooling Neophyte

ok im gonna be a noobie, but wats that for? is that 2 cool water in a wc system? dunno what it is 4 sure, but it looks sweet!
Unread 07-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Well, at least it's a piece of history!

You ought to get the story behind it.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeek
ok im gonna be a noobie, but wats that for? is that 2 cool water in a wc system? dunno what it is 4 sure, but it looks sweet!
It's sort of a giant waterblock, if you will. It was originally used by Mcdonald Douglas/NASA for cooling something. As for what to use it for, I am still thinking of some things to try. I may try using it as a passive radiator, with no fans. It doesn't have the best surface for passive cooling but will be interesting to evaluate. If that doesn't work I am going to stick a pelt on there and cool the hot side of the pelt with it.

I guess I will know more once I get a chance to look at it. In all reality, it will probally end up in my pile of stuff I don't use. But then you never know, could make a nice coffee table.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Unread 07-02-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
supergeek
Cooling Neophyte

hehe titan, what sharp wits you have.

i guess i just havent judged the size of it. it looks too big to fit on a processor.

btw m8, thats 1 sweet oc u got there-how much do u think u could do with a 2800?
Unread 07-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #6
Titan151
Cooling Savant

well my FSB is maxed out at the moment. Not sure if that will go higher. I would have to increase the multi to 13 to do much more. In order to do that I need to do that wire trick that unlocks the higher multi's. Last time I did that I had some strange issues with stability. I connected the socket holes as shown for the mobile proc. on the link below. After I did that it allowed me to run stable at 222. Before this I could only run stable at 207. In the near future I may try a volt mod to see if I can get this thing closer to 2.8 or (fingers crossed) 2.9. I should add my OC is only Prime stable for something like 3 hours. After that I get an error. But I did survive a 24 hour lan and just about every game I play (Far Cry, JO, BF1942, UT2K4, and COD) with no crashing. So that said it works for me. At the moment the chiller is keeping everything at 11.5 C. I can get it to about 6C if I shorten my tube length. Heh, I have something like 12 feet of tube as my chiller is a good 5 feet away from my PC. I made the cables extra long for the lan so I could sit my chiller on the floor. I put some quick connects on the chiller and was amazed at how nice it made taking it to the lan. All I had to do was top off the T and it fired up in not time.

http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Unread 07-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #7
Kobuchi
Cooling Savant

It's a pastry board. Every cook knows the best pie crusts are always rolled cold.
Kobuchi is offline   Reply With Quote