Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-19-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
eXacto
Cooling Neophyte

Default Need a new (moddable) pump recommendation

Well I can't seem to mod my MCP300 (put a res directly on it) so I am looking for a new pump, one that I can mount some kind of res directly on to. That is, without having tubing in between the pump and res. I need the pump to be approx the same dimenions as the MCP300 and about the same flow rate.

The most important thing is the ability to put a res directly on the input of the pump. I don't really care what I have to make it out of as long as it is strong and will last.

Here is a link to my thread about modding the MCP300 which crashed and burned miserably, leading me to believe that this pump is shit for modding:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...d.php?p=106294

Thanks.
eXacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

I've been able to do mine. I use Elmer's Probond glue, silicone and a custom acrylic reservoir, two bolts, two nuts and a piece of acrylic behind it. The bolts/nuts/acrylic are probably redundant, but I don't like my stuff coming apart. Basically I cut a hole in the acrylic the right size for the pump, covered the front of the pump with the glue (expanding polyeurethane glue, super hold) pushed it into the hole, duct taped it on, and put silicone around the hole at the front. I then waited for it to dry, took off the duct tape, and attached the front of my reservoir to the rest.
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Innovatek makes a resevoir that pushes diretly onto the inlet of the Eheim 1046, 1048 and Eheim/Innovatek HPPS. (AGB-O-Matic )
The pump and res together make a neat "hybirid" inline/submerged arrangement (only the inlet is submerged).
Filling/bleeding the system is trivial. Pump and res together (particularly 1046 or HPPS) are small.
I think becooling might have the same sort of arrangement with a via pump.

I've seen a number of Eheim models and they all seem to have a "snorkel" around the inlet - which you should be able to add your own reservoir to. The 1046 replacement part that includes the inlet is cheap. I'm pretty sure the same part for the other models is cheap, too. Maybe you'd want to buy the replacement part first, try for a mod, and if that doesn't work you'd only be out a few $$ and your time (and exasperation...)
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #4
eXacto
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAlpaca
I've been able to do mine. I use Elmer's Probond glue, silicone and a custom acrylic reservoir, two bolts, two nuts and a piece of acrylic behind it. The bolts/nuts/acrylic are probably redundant, but I don't like my stuff coming apart. Basically I cut a hole in the acrylic the right size for the pump, covered the front of the pump with the glue (expanding polyeurethane glue, super hold) pushed it into the hole, duct taped it on, and put silicone around the hole at the front. I then waited for it to dry, took off the duct tape, and attached the front of my reservoir to the rest.
If you could put up some pics or email them to me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Unread 05-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
eXacto
Cooling Neophyte

bump for help please