Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Default Anyone know if a Fedco 2-775 is Cu or Alu?

Hey folks,
I'm thinking about using a Fedco 2-775 (for a 93-95 Plymouth, Voyager - 7.375"x6.25"x1.25"). $40 at Parts America $30 at Rock Auto .
I watercool primarily for silence and have had some problems getting air through a 2" heater core with an axial fan that's undervolted to the point of being inaudible (Panaflo L1A at 5V for instance).
Given that frontal area is the most important thing (see Cathar's explanation of why an in-air-series radiator adds little cooling in this thread) I may be giving up only a little in potential cooling, to be gained back by being able to move more air at the same sound level.
I've sent emails to both Rock and PartsAmer. asking what the cores are made of - but they may or may not know and I would guess that someone here who has used one would know.
I'm also curious about resistance to water flow, but, as I'm building systems that only flow somewhere between .5 and 1GPH and resistance is proportional to velocity, water resistance isn't as important as air resistance...
Thanks!
Bob
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

2-658 is only 7.5"*6.5"*0.75" Anyway, you can probably get it in copper if it's in an American made vehicle (as opposed to European) as copper/brass seem to be the norm here.

Flat pipe radiators are all generally not very restrictive to water.
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

The 2-658 does look interesting - but it's $169 at Parts America. I could probably find it cheaper elsewhere - but probably not more than 25% cheaper, which puts it out of my budget.
Thanks!
Bob
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

169 dollars?! Well shit. I'll keep looking and post back later.

2-701 6*7.625*1

1 is the lowest it goes other than the 0.75...

There you go. Check that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip heater core database.zip (86.3 KB, 7 views)
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote