Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-10-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
SteveS
Cooling Neophyte

Default Corrosion and some help please...

I'm planning to buy a complete water-cooling setup (parts bought seperately). I have a question about corrosion. Over time will the water erode the CPU? How do I stop this? Also, can anyone point me to any good water-cooling guides? What methods can I use to keep the water under room temperature? Thanks.

-Steve

------------------
Duron 600@1000 w/ FOP 32-1
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2001, 06:15 PM   #2
Bose-Einstien Condensate
Cooling Neophyte

the water isn't supposed to actually touch the core. LOL!
Bose-Einstien Condensate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2001, 07:51 PM   #3
Cheapdog
Cooling Neophyte

Alright.

#1, To stop corrosion of the parts, use a coolant additive such as water-wetter. It lowers the temp. of the setup a bit but will pretty much stop corrosion. You can get it at http://www.overclock-watercool.com for a good price.

#2, You can find watercooling guides right here at procooling http://www.procooling.com and also at http://www.overclockers.com Both of these sites have very good articles.

#3, To keep the temperature under room temp, you could use peltiers or add ice to your resevoir. Remember to properly insulate your setup first though. Look at the above sites for more information on this topic.

I hope this advice helped in some small way!!
Cheapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2001, 09:42 PM   #4
SteveS
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks for your response!
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2001, 05:13 AM   #5
Cheapdog
Cooling Neophyte

No problem!
Unread 01-29-2001, 03:32 PM   #6
Alives
Cooling Savant

ok this overclock-watercooling guy is a real jerk out to profit off people. Water wetter is availible in ANY auto parts store in the coolant section. Also, the Dye Lite is eitehr there or in the service area. Dye Lite is on overclock-watercooling's website for $17. I bought a bottle today from pep boys for $5. GIVE ME A BREAK!!
Alives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2001, 04:06 PM   #7
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Yet yer selling it for 11$ in the FS/FT forum.

STFU Troll

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2001, 06:11 PM   #8
Cheapdog
Cooling Neophyte

BUSTED!!!!!!!!
Anyway, Chip is very cool (no pun intended) and runs a very nice store...I bought a whole kit from him, plus some extras. Also, There are two fairly large auto parts stores near me, and neither one has even heard of water wetter, much less carry it. I haven't looked for the dye yet, but I will soon.

*Edit*
And if I do find dye, I sure as hell won't sell if for a $6 profit, and then complain about others jacking up the prices.....

[This message has been edited by Cheapdog (edited 01-29-2001).]
Unread 01-29-2001, 10:24 PM   #9
Alives
Cooling Savant

I need $6 to drive through traffic and go buy it then mail it out...I'm not doin that for free.
Alives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2001, 10:53 PM   #10
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

ok so what you figure other business men, or real business men do it for? free? you think shipping is free?

You need to umm.. get a clue you hypocrite.

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

[This message has been edited by Joe (edited 01-29-2001).]
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2001, 11:32 PM   #11
Cablepro
Cooling Neophyte

Chip's awesome...I mean, the guy actually likes sitting down and talking to people about how to cool their cpu's, whether or not he's making money from it...I bought my waterblock from swiftech, and had questions...swiftech is nowhere to be reached...they haven't answered 1 of my 4 email attempts...I know they were moving and stuff, but come on...Chip went surfing their webpage for me, and helped me decipher some of the specs I wasn't clear what they meant...and all I bought from him was a radiator 4 days PRIOR to my conversation with him...he's genuine, I think...he just really likes this stuff...and if I can help him make a couple bucks so that he can stay in business and help me with my cooling endeavers, than so be it

GEEEZZ...we have so many PHUCKED up companies that we order shit from and they screw up over left and right...we need to keep the good ones around
Cablepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2001, 03:40 PM   #12
Cheapdog
Cooling Neophyte

For the record, I agree 110% with Cablepro.