Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-30-2001, 11:12 AM   #1
redsundress
Cooling Neophyte

Default Problems with current setup.

I currently run a duron 600 at 900 with about 1.6 v with temps in the mid 40s according to my kt7. I have a polyblock with a circular copper block and aluminum heatsink inside which runs with a rio 180? and some coiled copper tubing (because i am cheap). i use water stuff that is pink from napa like water wetter and have a tupperware container to hold the water cause it was only 1.50

problems
i upgraded my bios and the temps went up
i installed win2000 and my temps went up again. has anyone noticed this before?? i realize they are not that accurate but now i am running it at only 650 and getting temps up to 42 when i use my cpu a lot. it used to be down in the lower 30s.

how do i clean out my polyblock? i think that may be a problem as i ran it for a while without the antiocorrosion stuff in.

i am going to replace all my tubes and get a new radiator, probably a stacked plate, but i can't spend much money. any advice on cheap alternatives or actual places to buy them???

also, MEMPHIS, are you from mephis?

thanks in advance.
red
redsundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2001, 03:08 PM   #2
Alives
Cooling Savant

You cant really go cheap with this stuff...your crude radiator is the reason its overheating. you shouldnt have to worry about corrosion unless you see a buildup on your tubes near any metal devices (but since all you have is copper it wont corrode...its when you mix metals that they start electrolysis).

Hope that helped
Alives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2001, 03:40 PM   #3
redsundress
Cooling Neophyte

yeah, i guess its crude, but it was working fine for a long time. i just never have found a cheap radiator yet. i was just wondering if the kt7 bios was adjusted at all.

i can get my 600 to boot at 1000 but i don't have the right setup yet. its kind of annoying.
redsundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
Memphis
Cooling Neophyte

Could be that the changes are working the CPU harder, but I dunno. I reckon with a new radiator the problem will dissapear. Make sure its a good radiator!

Cheers

Memphis
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote