Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 12-05-2002, 09:02 AM   #151
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathar
5 months is a fair while - but probably fair in the world of machining depending on one's ability to access the equipment / size of wallet.

While we're talking about models of efficiency in turning design concepts into finished products, how's "The Radius" coming along ? Are you going to submit a block to BillA for testing? Same goes for Bruno.
Point taken, however, I have no intention of going comercial with it.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:14 AM   #152
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
You know, I don't mean to criticize or anything, but...

You started this thread on July 25th, and you still don't have a product yet. You either have a lot of time on your hands, or not enough!

I think you should concentrate on getting a product out, while the market is still there. Your design time is too long. The Barton and Opteron/hammer will be out within 6 months to a year.
judging from your lack of even prototypes Ben,
one must conclude you are designing a talking waterblock

not to worry about commercial, none will pay for an intangable wb
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:32 AM   #153
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I started it on October 14, and since I'm waiting for Barton, I'm in no hurry. I don't have that much time anyways! (also, more progress not posted yet)

My point is that Bruno has invested a lot in making a block. If I was his banker, I'd be paying him a daily visit!
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:36 AM   #154
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

or the IMF
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:17 PM   #155
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by unregistered
or the IMF
Gotta love that Brazilian banking system!
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:27 PM   #156
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

its an artform
but the hand can be overplayed too
wittness their southern neighbor
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:55 PM   #157
bigdawginva
Cooling Savant

In an attempt to get this closer to topic, I must say that I am very much looking forward to BillA's review of Cathar's WW wb.
bigdawginva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2002, 05:39 PM   #158
Bruno Facca
Cooling Neophyte

I agree with you that the product should already be on the stores but the difficulties involved in producing lots of water blocks are a lot worst than I imagined, only someone who has been thru what I did would know, on top of this these were the worst months of my life (personal life) so I think considering the situation I'm doing pretty good. Anyways Im almost there.

The iron mold was very hard to make so it took a lot of time, I also ordered some new casting gear that should arrive tomorrow so I won't have the use the old carbon "bucket" that could have a little sand on it, the casting process will be 100% clean. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Bruno
Bruno Facca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2002, 05:09 PM   #159
Bruno Facca
Cooling Neophyte

I would ask the people who are/were following this thread to read trough this whole post, everything written here is very important.

I'm not the kind of person who usually give up on things before I'm sure it's really time to give up, as in there's nothing more I can do, you should know that by now since I started this thread on july and since then I'm doing everything I can to make it happen. Right now I'm being forced to get some "vacation" until around january 10th, here are the reasons for this:

- The workshop who was doing the milling (for the finnish, sanding was not good enough and I don't have a miller), cutting the metal plates for the tops (I also don't have a good way to do this) and punching holes on them is going on vacation starting now and getting back at january 7th.

- I'm way over my head in debts, making water blocks may seem cheap to some people but series production is a whole different thing. I owe a lot of money to the bank and to a couple of people who has loaned me some money, I would need some more to finish this project now but I have no place to get it. For you to have an idea, I have a PC that I guess can be considered a very nice one (XP1800, geforce 4 mx440, 80gb 7200rpm ata133, 256mb nanya DDR...) and I would have to sell like three PCs like this one to pay for what I owe. It may not seem much to some but it sure is for me.

- I'm the kind of person who always try to stay away for trouble because I think trouble only brings more and more trouble but sometimes trouble just comes after you (that sucks). I'm in some deep personal trouble right now, stuff I have no reason to write here but I expect to have it solved by january.

There has been some problems with the iron mold and I couldn't get a single good piece out of it, I really think these problems can be fixed but that would require some more money that I don't have right now, and my resources for getting it are depleted.

I hope to be back by the time I told you and I hope to be able to make this project happen.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me and shared their toughts/knowledge so far, I think people can learn a lot fro this thread.

Thank you very much everyone and I'm sorry for the bad news.

Bruno Facca
Bruno Facca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2002, 03:37 PM   #160
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Hey there Bruno... welp, like I've said before (somewhere?) I'm patient I totally understand about being in MASS debt and having things come up unexpectantly, which put a monkey-wrentch into progress! I'll still be hanging around waiting to see what you end up producing...(it's a lot more than most folks around here, including myself Doh!) Anyhow, maybe this break is a blessing in disguise...? You might come up with an even more superiour block with your time off, good luck
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2002, 06:47 AM   #161
Rob C
Cooling Neophyte

Hey Bruno - I've been following this thread since you started it, and I just wanted to say how impressed I am with all the effort you've put into this project! Sorry to hear about your problems at the moment, but I hope you get them sorted and manage to get the blocks out in the end. Take as long as you have to over it, and good luck

"True wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing" - Bill and Ted

wanna P4... wanna P4... WANNA P4!!
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2002, 04:01 PM   #162
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

heh, my birstday is at january 10th, will i have a present?
satanicoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 10:07 AM   #163
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Bump for an update!
Unread 05-04-2003, 09:36 AM   #164
Rayman2k2
Cooling Savant

uh...another bump for an update?
Unread 05-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #165
Jethro
Cooling Neophyte

Great work Bruno! Your work is very inspiring. Them "beta" temps are really good! Specially considering your ambient temp/case temp. Which is a VERY important factor . I think u r really onto sumthin. Your methods of producing a waterblock are certainly mucho more cost effective than CNC machining. Ill bet them rough surfaces make for excellent heat transfer. From the looks of things may well perform right on par with much more expensive blocks.

Keep ur chin up mate! u may just be a pioneer bringing affordable water cooling to the masses, specially where its needed most down by the Equator =).

If nothing else enjoy the ride man =)
2x256 Samsung DDR @ 185 2 2 6 2
SB AUdigy mp3+
ATI 9000 PRO128mbvmod330/300cas1
WD special 80's x2 and 1x 20
Sony 48x24x48
Hitachi7515~19inch
Thrustmaster Fox 2 pro usb/Nostromo n50/IBM opti mouse
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #166
satanicoo
Cooling Savant