Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-14-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
tong
Cooling Neophyte

Default A little help

Ok i think i hung around and read enough to finaly do it all in one shot but i still have a few questions.

what i have:

curent system:

Athlon XP 2800+ mobile @ 250x10 = 2.5 gig (on air that's right on air)
dfi intinity ultra mobo
radeon 9800 xt (softmod)
rosewill 500watt psu (32 amp on the +12)
1 gig ddr 4000
2 hdd's

what i already have for water cooling:

mcw5002 (1/2 inch)
swiftech vga block
swiftech 600 pump
1/2 inch tubbing
1.5 liters of pentosin antifreeze
quick clamps
2 panaflow m1a's
boneville heatercore (very extremely disposable)

well the case i want to put it all into is this one:

http://www.xoxide.com/chieftec12.html
no i haven;t baught it yet

the reasons why:

Aluminum -- light and portable for lans
the space between the psu and the top is enough to sneak a radiator in there and not be seen
i can close the door and my daughter won;t touch any of the buttons (which she does like it's no fkin tomorow)

Need to get/possiblity to get:

bix pro rad 2 x 120 (cheap as dirt now)
bix pro mini 2 x 80
dual 3 1/2 bay reservoirs (the hdd trays are removable on the case so filling would be a breaze)

my intention is this heatercore/bix pro 2 (yeah either one cause the heatercore i think is preaty much trash at this point) at top of case that's cut out, and the bix mini on the 2 rear fan point on the case

bix proII ----> cpu block ---> bix pro mini ---> vid card ------> reservoir -----> pump .....

now should i even bother with the bix mini or no? The main reason that I want to go water cooling is Noise, my current setup is LOUD:

7 80mm fans intake, psu , cpu cooler thermaltake volcano 7+, and a sunon 120mm fan blowhole (this one alone is 42 db)

but at the same time i'm concerned with temps, i don;t want to see a huge temp increase under load as you can tell from my current setup i'm a person that HATES things being above room temp nevermind body temp.

idle: [Northbridge] 34.0°C [CPU] 37.0°C [Case] 22.0°C
Load:[Northbridge] 36.0°C [CPU] 44.0°C [Case] 26.0°C

So, should i bother with the bix mini? out of the stuff i'm gonna buy what should i change / not change.

My Ebay
tong is offline   Reply With Quote