Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 12-14-2001, 06:54 AM   #1
Escape Your Mind
Cooling Neophyte

Default Watercooling Setup

Hey all im in need of some info on where the actual parts of the wc system should be put. Like is it best to have the pump between the resivour and the radiator, or can i place these things in any order i want and still have it work effectivly. I only ask this because im having to mount my resivour in my front 5 1/4 bay slots. 2 of them to be exact and my radiator will be outside the case hanging on the right side (i know its unusual) with the in and out of the radiator just about the mobo tray. Now as you can probably immagine there is really no place to put the pump in between thoes up there, so does it really matter if i place the pump in a different positon, say between the waterblock and the resivour. And does it matter how long the tubes are, will that decrease efficiency if i have a long tube running from my resivour to my pump at the bottom of my case then back up to my radiator? If someone could please enlighten me it would be appreciated.

While im at it i should probably ask about this too. Ok im building my own resivour out of plexi glass. My question is how can i put it together to make it completly water tight. I can probably cut out all 6 sides but whats the best way to put it all together. Also where can i get connection nipples for the tubes. I would need 1/2" connections in the resivour, where could i get this at? The other thing is i need something on the top of it that can be opened and closed to allow me to easily fill and empty the resivour. One other thing, since i am putting my resivour in my 5 1/4 bays im having to drill holes in the side of it to put the cd-rom mounting hardware on it so that it can easily slide in and out. My question is will it still be water-tight with the screws in? Or should i seal it with something. I know this is alot to ask, but im going out this weekend and getting all this stuff needed to finish my case, so i wanted to make sure i had everything in line before i bought it. Thanks everyone.
Unread 12-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #2
Brad
Thermophile

I think the rad should be right in front of the waterblock, so the pump isn't heating the water.

As far as sealing the res goes, if you are after looks, I'd use a clear glue and a lot of presure. if looks aren't important, use jbweld

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote