Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default John Guest fittings?

I am looking for John Guest fittings. I am interested in the straight adapter 1/4" BSPT 3/8"OD [PI011202S], swivel elbow adapter (1/4" BSPT, 3/8" OD)
[PI091202S] and the tube insert [TSI312S] for my Tygon tubing (the fittings are 5/16"OD size on the site but I have 5/16"ID, 7/16"OD and 1/16 thickness tubing from highspeedPC).

I have emailed US Plastics and they don't have the BSPT threaded adapters. So I have also emailed John Guest itself and they have directed me to a distributor but not sure this company will deliver a smaller order of parts. Looking for help if you all could. I need the BSPT fittings to work the mostly Innovatek parts and Switech blocks. I do like the John Guest fittings and have a little more experience with them. I know of McMaster/Carr but I don't know if there fittings are the same or similar to John Guest and I would like to see them first. Home Depot or Lowes does not seem to stock speed fittings in my area and ACE Hardware is no different. Fry's is pretty useless in my area although they seem to stock more and more online stuff. They are listed as a Swiftech distributor but I didn't see any products nor did the guys there know (or care; you know it's Fry's. I don't have please sell me crap pasted on my forehead) what I was looking for.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Zeta09; 05-21-2003 at 01:17 AM.
Zeta09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

They actually have the speed fittings at my local Home Depot; would part numbers help you? Not sure if your friendly home depot would special order or not....
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #3
dima y
Cooling Savant

hmmm i bought john guest fittings locally here in Bay Area CA, in San Jose to be specific.

how many of each do you need, maybe i can buy them for you and mail them off to you. give me exact numbers of each part and its part number and i will find how how much it will be.

ex:

Part Number Number of Pieces

1234567890 12

etc...

then i can like ship them to you UPS ground and you can paypal me the money?
dima y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #4
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

You can just type John Guest fittings into www.google.com and it will bring up several online vendors such as:
http://www.purewater4u.com/store/jg.shtml
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 01:11 AM   #5
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

guys, guys, guys. . .

The part numbers are at the beginning (here let me bold them for you) of the post and I am looking for BSPT not NPT. Been to purewater4u and plenty of other sites but I am looking for BSPT so alot of places don't have the BSPT (British Standard). The Innovatek kit is from Germany thus they use BSPT. The Home Depot by me isnt the greatest but still no go at lowes either I will check again but I didn't see any John Guest fittings there.
Unread 05-21-2003, 06:34 AM   #6
scopEDog
Cooling Neophyte

http://www.seavisions.com/Johnguest1.htm
scopEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #7
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah scopEDog,

I have seen them and another guy in london, he is in london but I don't know why he doesn't have paypal or online ordering. I want to just have the expense of the online transaction if any. To buy from him I have to pay a credit transfer fee from my bank to his to get the fittings. I would rather not do this but yes he is an option. Thanks for the link though. Just from the responses I am getting it doesn't seem to look good. I will see what the SeaVisions in Florida can do for me but I didn't see any type of online order for them. Just info for a sales brouchure.

I think now the next action is to find out if any on this forum has ordered from McMaster/Carr. Or more appropiately has anyone heard of them first.
Unread 05-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeta09

I think now the next action is to find out if any on this forum has ordered from McMaster/Carr. Or more appropiately has anyone heard of them first.
Has anyone not heard of McMaster-Carr? You can also try MSC http://www.mscdirect.com/
Unread 05-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #9
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Hey JayDee116,

Aren't you over at AMDMB forums as well? Like the responses over there (and the flame prevention on the pump issue). I have heard of McMaster/Carr but never dealt with them. Have you?

Went to Lowe's yesterday and I tell you they only have the brass and acetyl barbed fittings. No speed fittings that I saw. Unless they are in a different eisle then they have none. Frys has no Swiftech products at all let alone Water cooling products and I was thinking of going to a plumbing specialty store or a fish specialty store but after calling Seavisions they have recieved my email and see what and when they can get the parts I am looking for. .. Thanks scopEDog.

We'll see if this is going to pan out but thanks for the posts. . .
Unread 05-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #10
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I've dealt with McMasters, on several occasions. The site is nicely detailed. The only thing you have to watch out for, is incomplete orders. You can specify "ship complete order only", and save yourself some shipping charges.

I've ordered from them at least twice already, and everything went extremely well. The packaging is top notch.

The thing is, some of what they sell can be found cheaper somewhere else.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 02:32 PM   #11
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeta09
Hey JayDee116,

Aren't you over at AMDMB forums as well? Like the responses over there (and the flame prevention on the pump issue). I have heard of McMaster/Carr but never dealt with them. Have you?

Went to Lowe's yesterday and I tell you they only have the brass and acetyl barbed fittings. No speed fittings that I saw. Unless they are in a different eisle then they have none. Frys has no Swiftech products at all let alone Water cooling products and I was thinking of going to a plumbing specialty store or a fish specialty store but after calling Seavisions they have recieved my email and see what and when they can get the parts I am looking for. .. Thanks scopEDog.

We'll see if this is going to pan out but thanks for the posts. . .
Yes, I am the same jaydee1116.
McMaster-Carr is good. They usually get your stuff to you. If it is an oddball thing and it is backordered prepare for a long wait though. MSC is also good although a little hard to get around. Best just to order their monster catologe. I think they still give them out free even though they are huge books.
Unread 05-27-2003, 07:45 PM   #12
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default Still waiting. . .

Man who would have thunk that this would be this difficult.

Oh well I guess that's why I love computers.

MSC doesn't seem to have the BPST connectors I am looking for. I ordered some from McMaster/Carr but the straight male adapters seem to be on 2 weeks backorder. We'll see about that but I told them to send what they had in stock. I am still waiting on Seavisions to email me with a response. I had called them and they had told me that they would email me back after they heard from their supplier but still no word.

Thanks for the links guys but I will definitely post results from all of this for those idiots like me who like the custom products and the work you have to put in to get them.
Unread 05-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #13
dima y
Cooling Savant

ok these guys have it or they can get it for you and they dont require to buy in bags of 10.

http://www.ryanherco.com/Locations/maptempe.cfm

i figured since you live in AZ thats the closes location to you
Unread 05-28-2003, 03:48 AM   #14
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default Hey Dima Y,

Thanks for the reply and kudos for the search close to home but those guys don't seem to have John Guest fittings at all. They seem to have some version of Acetal speed fittings but there list doesn't seem to tell the thread type. Thus I would assume it is NPT only. I could be missing it so post with a link if I am wrong but I emailed them regardless to see what they will tell me. Thanks again for the link and the search.
Unread 05-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #15
dima y
Cooling Savant

i just called my distributor in San Jose, CA

they: We dont have any of the parts in stock right now, we can order then but it will take seven days.
me: and i can order them at any Ryan Herco location?
they: Yes.

you should be able to order them from Ryan Herco. call them
Unread 05-28-2003, 03:25 PM   #16
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default dima y you are the man but. . .

Well whaddayaknow.

I just got my order from McMaster/Carr and guess what. . . .
John Guest fittings. Funny never said anything about them on the site. Unless that is what the previous posters meant. If so that is the biggest doh!!! I am an idiot and I apologize to bigpen2k and JayDee116. If not then we all now know that on the McMaster/Carr site they have assigned thier own part numbers to John Guest fittings thus you probably could email McMaster/Carr to match up the JG #s with theirs to make sure you are getting the part you want.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the posts. I will still give Ryan Herco a call Dima Y and onto my next post. I am in the market now to replace my 1046 Eheim pump and I am interested in the MCP300. I post a new thread with the particulars and update this one with the results of my WC mix of JG, Innovatek, and Swiftech components.

Thanks again.
Unread 05-28-2003, 03:56 PM   #17
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Apology would be accepted, if spelled correctly...
Unread 05-29-2003, 11:59 PM   #18
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default Now what???!!!!!

Whoa big star,

How should apologize be spelled? Seems to be correct after two dictionary searches but I must digress no time for the petty stuff . . .

Anyway McMaster/Carr was quite quick indeed. I have everything I need now and whaddayaknow. The Tygon tubing is just a bit too thick for the 3/8"OD JG fittings with the tube insert. The tubing I have is 5/16"ID, 7/16"OD and 1/16" thick (not sure on that but emailed HighspeedPC where I got it from for clarification; seems to be from measurement though). The generic Innovatek tubing that comes with the kit fits nicely since it is 1mm thick but I don't know the size adjustment I need to make on the tygon tubing for it to still work with all the fittings I have.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Zeta09; 05-30-2003 at 12:05 AM.
Unread 05-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #19
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Freeze the tubing, see if it will shrink enough to get it in there. All I got. :shrug:
Unread 05-30-2003, 01:13 AM   #20
dima y
Cooling Savant

pts. i think you spelled his name wrong.
Unread 05-30-2003, 09:50 AM   #21
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally posted by dima y
pts. i think you spelled his name wrong.
Ding ding!
Unread 05-30-2003, 11:34 PM   #22
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default Whoa sorry 2xs

Well my fault. Sorry BigBen2k. Won't happen again but thanks for the tips.
Unread 05-31-2003, 07:11 AM   #23
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

No prob, I'm just glad that you found what you were looking for.
Unread 05-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #24
murray13
Cooling Savant

Zeta you can always use an adapter for going from thick wall to JG.

Something like this...

McMaster, MSC both have them and I would assume anyone that can get JG could get these.
murray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 10:52 AM   #25
murray13
Cooling Savant

Sorry...
Attached Images
File Type: gif rpm25_p1.gif (2.4 KB, 48 views)
murray13 is offline   Reply With Quote