Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 06-14-2002, 11:54 PM   #1
zervun
Cooling Neophyte

Default 1981 Porche 931 (924 Turbo)

A while back I posted this for sale, but I ended up deciding to keep it and was going to fix it up. Unfortunately, since I also have a 1973 VW automatic bus with the engine ripped out in the backyard, I'm on a college budge, and my woman doesn't like the porche, it's got to go, I don't have the time or money. I'm going to be fixing up my bus instead, which is just duct tape and coathangers.

This was my dream car to build, this car is a rare car, back in the days of the crappy 924's this was a shinning star. Full race suspension, brakes, turbo, etc etc are on this car, and there is still a big following for these cars around, in fact there is a big race following of these still. Back a few years, my friend gave me this car. He had bought it off a Military guy who was headed to Europe in a few days and had to sell it, he picked it up for about 3k. He had a 1984 924 also. He drove the 931 until one day pulling into the driveway it stalled out, and he never got it started again (he's not mechanically inclined). He planned to fix it, but never got around to it. One day his 1984 got hit in the right side passenger door. He pulled the door off the 931 and put it on the 924. A few months later I was over at his house, noticed the car in his garage and offered to take it off of him. Ever since then it has been in my possesion.

I pushed it over to my house a few blocks away (we were both at college), and since then have moved down to Portland and towed it down here. I'd love to fix it up, but right now I'm paying for school, completely broke all the time, have a van, and unfortunately porches take quite a bit of money to fix, and it has a few things wrong with it.

This car is definately a restoration project, however with just a few fixing it can be in pretty decent shape. Things that need to be done in no particular order.

1. Needs a right passenger door (I found one through a local washington junkyard, perfect condition w/ power everything window etc for $150, but it was when I was moving, this takes all 924 parts, and they are in abundance)

2. There is a fuel delivery problem, the reason it stalled out in the first place. The car has 2 fuel pumps one in tank and one inline to feed the beast it's gas. This is one of the main problems that I havn't dealt with it. Each fuel pump has to be bought new and each is about $150 and I never knew which one it was. I had a book to do the testing, but more problems arised see next number. In fact I never went so far as to check if it actually had 2 pumps (99% of the 931's have 2 pumps).

3. I lost the damn keys right before I moved. Hense it doesn't turn atm, and you can't turn it on to test things. I havn't had the money to get a locksmith, and I wanted to wait until I got the door so that all the locks could be done at once. This is the reason I never tested the fuel pumps, I havn't been able to turn it on. Price check was about $180 for the locks.

4. There is a dent in the back left fender and a little one on the back, there are a couple dings around, and it needs to be painted. Odds are if you are liking it so far this is a no brainer and easy.

5. The interior needs to be redon, the front seats are ripped, the carpet kinda nasty from being without a door, etc etc.

Good things about the car are -

I'ts a collectors item, it makes some peoples top 150 lists or so. It's made for racing and was one of the nicest porches made during those days. It has the new fuel upgraded delivery system on it. The engine is in damn good condition, I turned it over when I had the keys, it just never caught, but turned over flawlessly. The engine compartment is actually pretty clean. Frame is straight, body is straight. Rims are actually off a 944 Turbo, and I've been told that they can go for 1k+. They are 16" I believe. With about 500 bones dropped you can have it it pretty decent drivable condition is my guess. It's got a removable moonroof. All the windows are crack free. The rotating lights are in perfect workin order. I could go on for a long time about the little stuff and my plans for it, but I'll just leave it at that. More info upon request.

Comes with the title, porche book, and whatever knowledge you want from me, I rebuilt a couple different engines.

Must be towed, 4 wheels off the ground or front 2, can rent these from uhaul.

Portland Oregon

$900 OBO

Give my baby a good home so I don't have to sell this to some loser who isn't go to car about it in the paper. I want to see her running some day.

http://web.pdx.edu/~appel/img/porche6.jpg
http://web.pdx.edu/~appel/img/porche7.jpg
http://web.pdx.edu/~appel/img/porche8.jpg

Epox 4BDA i845 Chipset
1.6a Costa Rica
@2.4 @1.65v
Samsung pc2700 512mb
@2.8v
Maxtor 7200rpm 20gig ATA133
TDK 32x10x40x CDRW || Acer 50x CDrom
Leadteck A250 ti4400
305/650
Chieftech Server Case w/Chain Well 420watt PS
FrontX Multimedia Ports
Belkin 10/100TX Network Card
Cambridge Soundworks Flat
zervun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 12:08 AM   #2
voodooman15
Cooling Neophyte

ive also got a car for sale i rebuilt it for past 3 years STOCK parts from round world 1971 dodge charger R/T NOS kit 450 STOCK HP with NOS its +150 unamaginable car top top car 1375K acid dipped frame started from scratch beatufil metalic orange color bucket seets racing 6 speed tranny and spare rebuilt engine for serious costomers only 45 grand +
voodooman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 01:52 AM   #3
zervun
Cooling Neophyte

um... is there some reason you posted in this thread where I am selling my car? not flaming, but I can't imagine someone is too retarded to start their own thread... especially for something that is 45k+

Epox 4BDA i845 Chipset
1.6a Costa Rica
@2.4 @1.65v
Samsung pc2700 512mb
@2.8v
Leadteck A250 ti4400
305/650
Chieftech Server Case w/Chain Well 420watt PS
FrontX Multimedia Ports
Belkin 10/100TX Network Card
Cambridge Soundworks Flat
zervun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
voodooman15
Cooling Neophyte

no flaming taken LOL
im lazy and i dont care about starting a new one :P
OK
voodooman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 12:45 AM   #5
tim-may
Cooling Savant

hey im kinda interested in the porsche. could you post a few more picts (where the dents are at and the floor/interior)
besides the door, dents, and interior, its a pretty sweet car still.
tim-may is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #6
zervun
Cooling Neophyte

I'll try and get some more pics out this tuesday

Epox 4BDA i845 Chipset
1.6a Costa Rica
@2.4 @1.65v
Samsung pc2700 512mb
@2.8v