Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 02-06-2003, 02:47 AM   #1
Alchemy
Cooling Savant

Default Everything must go!

Well, my six month expedition into watercooling has been interesting, but I've run out of time to work on the project and conveniently run out of money as well. Thus, I am selling the following, shipping for free (in the continental US!):

Radiators:

Black Ice Extreme - has some chipped paint, otherwise in great condition - $60

UHAUL light duty tranny cooler http://store.uhaul.com/(i0hsaqbllh0j...ils.aspx?id=82 - $35

Tubing: $30 for the lot - never used
3/8" ID 9/16" OD Norprene industrial grade tubing, 20 feet (withstands pretty extreme temperatures and chemicals)

Tubing accessories: $15 for the lot - never used
4 plastic clamps (to cut off flow) for OD up to 3/4 inch, polyester
2 nylon couplings with 3/8" ID barbs
1 nylon tube w/ 3/8" barb and threaded cap (makes a good fill point/air trap
1 black nylon y connector, 3/8" barbs
12 snap grip clamps for OD 0.513" to 0.586" (fits the tubing I'm selling)

Waterblocks:

Black Edge w/ lexan mounting parts - $30
(great condition, might need re-lapping though. Surface looks a hell of a lot better than when I bought it, though)

Case-mods copper waterblock w/ mounting parts - $20

Pumps:

Rio 800, used but in box - $20

Maxi-jet high output pump/tank combo w/ 3/8" barbs - $60

Mag Drive #3 350gph (got it from merc, who I apologize again to for my impatience with his sale. It's still unopened.) - $35

Peltier

220W potted pelt from becooling, never used - $30

Sales:

A lot of these are about the same price you could find elsewhere, but since I will ship all of them by either UPS ground or USPS for free, you'll still win out. (I'll only ship for free in the continental US; otherwise I'll probably have to charge.)

All of these items are either in good working order or never used (and presumably in perfect shape).

I'll accept Paypal, check, or money order.

Trade:

If you have a decent GF4 card (Ti4200 or better), power supply, ATX mid-tower or tower case, temperature indicator, digital camera, Koolance Exos, or unopened DVD-R or DVD-RAM media, I'd probably be willing to trade. Heck, if you have anything interesting and worth money, I might still trade.

I'm in no real hurry to unload this stuff, so I'll probably leave it on here for a good long time and then start selling on Ebay.

Hope you guys find some of this stuff interesting. Post or PM me if you want to ask anything. I'll be around.

Alchemy, aircooled and defeated

(Edited to add 48-states-only clause.)

Last edited by Alchemy; 02-06-2003 at 03:05 AM.
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

What parts did you still need to finish your project? That is a pretty raw deal man, and I'd be willing to help out if I can, and if the remaining parts are available in my stockpile (I could build two watercooled machines with the spare parts I have lying around, so the odds are in your favor).
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
Alchemy
Cooling Savant

This was all part of my double-loop cooling system, with a peltier pulling heat from a cold loop into a hot loop.

I need some sort of temperature controller to keep the water in the cold loop from dropping below ambient and causing condensation in my computer case.

Plus, I needed to repair a friend's computer, so I no longer have the two power sources to tie together and supply the pelt.

I could probably get a decent controller, but I'd still need to figure out how to get the standard 4-20 mA signal converted to some sort of voltage signal to power the pelt.

Anyway, the idea was just too ambitious. I'm not at the point yet where I'm willing to spend 400W of power just to keep my compoents cool and quiet.

Looks like I'm not going to make any money back from selling this stuff, so I might just hang onto everything until I feel like working on this thing again.

I really need an image host so I can show pictures of what I'm trying to do.

Alchemy
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Well, that still sucks. I hate it when I start things I can't finish. I wish I could have helped out, but I don't have a fancy temperature controller (yearrgh!), and the only spare PSUs I have are all 300W 12V/12A types, unsuitable for pelt usage.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #5
psychofunk
Cooling Savant

Mag Drive #3 350gph (got it from merc, who I apologize again to for my impatience with his sale. It's still unopened.) - $35

That mean brand new never been used or bought used from someone else but you never used it? If it's brand new I'd be interested.
psychofunk is offline   Reply With Quote