Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Closed Thread
Unread 01-12-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

Default New Awesome Mod Store

check this out....

http://www.scorpionmods.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi
Unread 01-12-2003, 01:40 AM   #2
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Nothing against your store.. but the owner calling his store "AWESOME" doesnt come across good.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Unread 01-13-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Joe is right that some may be turned off by your boosting your own store that way.

But it isn't hard to tell that you're very excited about your store.
I looked it over and not a bad start. Going to carry any water cooling equipment as you get going?

Best of luck.
Unread 01-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #4
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Ooh, I've been looking for that wire sleeving!

Nice site design, but I think specs might be in order! A LED needs to be spec'ed, for matching the right resistor. How does that Molex connector tool work? What is a "vandal-resistant" switch? Where are the Molex connectors/adapters? What's the rocker switch look like?
Unread 01-17-2003, 12:01 AM   #5
Deviant
Cooling Neophyte

From doing business with you before you actually decided to open your store, I would advise others to stay away. Delays, defective stuff (cathodes 30% defective rate) and error in the orders shipped. I hope you got your act together.....but I won't be one of those ordering to find out.

And what is this crap about boosting your store like you thought we wouldn't notice you were the owner....:shrug:

Things I hate are bad customer service and bad products.....you had both....

Last edited by Deviant; 01-17-2003 at 12:42 AM.
Unread 01-17-2003, 12:08 AM   #6
Deviant
Cooling Neophyte

And one thread is enough for this awesome store....
Unread 02-02-2003, 03:53 AM   #7
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

ok ok....i see alot of this and that in here...I have some words...

Yes I said awesome, due to I won it and am stoked to have it, I have only sold to online stores and retail stores for the past 3 years...Now let me start off by clearing a few things up ok...

I sold over 5 thousand bulbs last year alone...5,000 that's right...and you say 30% defective...lol come on now...1500 bulbs bad...lol in any company there will be bad products...and just so you and everyon else understands, this is for those who DO NOT and HAVE NOT owned their own business, you get bogged down at times, and back ordered and slammed, things like that, in my case, when I do all my own shipping, all my own manufacturing, ow yes did all my own wiring soldering etc etc, and to put out 400 + bulbs a month was horrid....
Unread 02-02-2003, 03:57 AM   #8
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

Second....that much work got me backed up with some orders, some orders lost, some bulbs defective, some harnesses defective, ow yeah it happens, you know why.....??????

I AM HUMAN....I screw up as does anyone...I mess up, i am not perfect...Hey man I at least have the balls to carry out something that has made me a great deal of money...bought me a $40k SUV and have many many repeat buyers loyal to me...i sell to 9 online companies, so if my stuff and I am so bad...lol....I must have many people out there fooled...

I give out free stuff at random, who else does that, I give extra stuff to people, who else does that, I bargain on prices if you cannot afford them, why, because i want to see that everyone who wants and needs has a chance to get whant they want and need, and not be left out just because they are shy a few bucks...
Unread 02-02-2003, 04:01 AM   #9
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

As for the pther questions let me try to cover them as well guys...

Vandal Resistant switches are the same type used on elevators...stainless steal housing on the switch, nice solid switch, with led, top quality....

the pin extractor, it removes the pins from the 4 pin molex connector so that you can put them back after placing sleeving or something on your wires...it is what is used in the industry to remove those pins....

you should have the specs of the leds now

I wills ell the correct resistors for the leds ok guys....

I will also be offering trades on all my products...there will be a place on my site a person can offer us a trade for items...HMMMMMMM who else does that....

I do what I can for fellow modders....You guys make me possible, so i do my best to repay you....
Unread 02-02-2003, 10:01 AM   #10
Deviant
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by The Scorpion
Second....that much work got me backed up with some orders, some orders lost, some bulbs defective, some harnesses defective, ow yeah it happens, you know why.....??????

I AM HUMAN....I screw up as does anyone...I mess up, i am not perfect...Hey man I at least have the balls to carry out something that has made me a great deal of money...bought me a $40k SUV and have many many repeat buyers loyal to me...i sell to 9 online companies, so if my stuff and I am so bad...lol....I must have many people out there fooled...

I give out free stuff at random, who else does that, I give extra stuff to people, who else does that, I bargain on prices if you cannot afford them, why, because i want to see that everyone who wants and needs has a chance to get whant they want and need, and not be left out just because they are shy a few bucks...
Happy for you about your 40K SUV. You can sell to 9 online companies and still offer poor quality items and have lots of errors in what you ship. Why? Because there will always be companies that put up with your excuses and settle for the big profit margin instead of customer satisfaction. BTW you give free stuff not out of generosity but because you screw up more then other companies and it's your way of saying sorry. Good intentions at first glance but when it's screw up after another free stuff becomes irrelevant. The other companies don't give out as much free stuff as you. Why? Because their orders arrive on time and they send what you asked them.

Yes you are human, yes you can screw up...everybody does. It's just a question of how often you screw up...if it happens too often then it becomes a question of quality service. Because good quality service is what counts you no longer are a supplier of mine. I don't want free stuff. I want happy and satisfied customers.

Last edited by Deviant; 02-02-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Unread 02-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #11
Joe

My god ... now I know for sure I am not going to buy from you...

Unread 02-02-2003, 12:02 PM   #12
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

well everyone has a choice that is for sure....and little do you know but but last year alone...ALONE...i RMA'd 11 bulbs....thta is cold cathodes that were defective....31 and 7 harnesses also, i just looked at my paperwork...now when i sold 4,980 bulbs/kits and 31 were defective...i think that is pretty darn good rate...I am aiming at half that this year...

but sorry to hear i do not have you, but honestly "OW WELL" i look at it this way...I will mkae alot of other people happy happy, and when i have a reail chain who buys like 100 kits plus a month then how much do i really care about losing you DEVIANT....you do the math...As everyone is important to me, i know thati will have unhappy people here and there, and i do my best to remedy the situation, and if i cannot, that is just plainly a casuality, it happens....
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #13
Joe

your like 16 years old arent you?

Unread 02-02-2003, 12:18 PM   #14
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

are you kidding me....? I am 28 I am also a general manager for a gaming compnay here in Las Vegas, where we manufacture slot machines and Video Poker Machines, I run the day to day activities of the comany...

You know no one denies the fact that errors were made...and for those errors there is and will be nothing i can do to change them...I can do something else, make it up to someone...and for the record, i send people free stuff to say thank you for ordering, if there is an order that got fouled up then, i fix it and "OF COURSE" send something extra, I feel that i should do something beyond saying sorry...I get letters from modders everyday, like i do not have enough money but i really want this, or that, i say fine, i give them a cheaper rate, take losses even.....Now you tell me what compnay does that for people...well i will name them....NONE...
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:25 PM   #15
Joe

You know man I have no problem with your store... never bought from them. BUT I have a big problem with the attitude and the extremely cheap and immature manner you post.

Maybe when you conduct yourself like a honest and serious business person people will respect you... your posts in this thread are enough for me to write off any chance I would risk my money in your hands.

I can barely stand reading your posts, I cant imagine how much it would suck to have to do business with you.

Unread 02-02-2003, 12:36 PM   #16
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

sorry i may have rubbed you the wrong way...i cannot please everyone...as much as would love to, it is hard...real hard, i get mad when i see i cannot fix something, actually i hate it, i know as a buyer as well, how i hate problems to occur, I one bought an abit board from an online store, it was bad, then they sent me another after that and it was bad as well, then they were out of stock...i was so pissed...the way they handled it was terrible...anyways i know....i try to avoid that stuff, but when it happens, i try to make up for it...my post in here are from me....I am a real person, not fake guy on the net selling crap...I really and truely want to get modders out there affordable products and the best possible price, and if i am not liked for that mission, and not liked for the problems that occur during that, then what can i do, NOTHING...Joe I am sorry that you might turn your head on my company, which if i think about it, i really cannot blame you, might have a problem, might get bad items, well if that is what you beleive, then you are right in your decision....but do me a favor, do not 100% write us off, i wish you would look at the site see if there is something you could "TAKE A CHANCE" on....then see for yourself how the service and products are...
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #17
The Scorpion
Cooling Neophyte

this way, IF it is a great buy and IF it is a great service to you, you will know for yourself, not via someone who had a mishap a long long time ago...

Deviant, also i hope you understand, if you have a bad bulb from my company or something, you are not out, we warranty all our kits 100% so if you have something that went bad, you are entitled to a replacement, that is our policy....So if that is the case please let me know ok....
Unread 02-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #18
Joe

What ever floats your boat. I am closing this thread though. You have another one open in the FS/FT area already.

Closed Thread