Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
agiacobbi
Cooling Neophyte

Default Solder Flux in 6002

I got my 6002 and in looking at it real close I see what looks to be flux when peering down the exit hole. Is this normal, is it something I should be concerned about? I was kinda hoping some one could answer this before I install it. I know we have a couple of people who have installed one and and employee of said company that post and answers questions here. Has any one seen such a condition as I am talking about?
agiacobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 04:01 PM   #2
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

You saw Dissecting the MCW6000-A, right? "Stickied" at the top of the forum?
One of the comments there was that, yes, there is some discoloration on the pins but that the block performs very well anyway.
Bob
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
agiacobbi
Cooling Neophyte

Yes I read the sticky. I am not talking about discoloration, it is actually solder flux or paste that is used in the soldering of cooper. I stuck a small screwdriver in it, it is soft and I don't think it would go any where I was just wondering if it was normal. One would think that BillA would had to have noticed it and I think you can actually see it a bit in the new review if you look close, it looks like white stuff in the corner of the exit hole.
Unread 07-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

I don't think he checks every block's inside personally. Get a hose and blast it out?
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
Butcher
Thermophile

Depending on the sort of flux it is you can use water or some sort of solvent to dissolve it and wash it away if it bothers you.
Unread 07-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #6
agiacobbi
Cooling Neophyte

Angry, you ain't gonna blast this out. After I posted the question I tried hot tap water, bout 140 degrees running thru the block and it didn't budge. At that temp for about a half hour I was no longer worried. I was just wonderin if any body had seen it or had any problems. Thanks for the help guys.
Unread 07-24-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

it is more probably solder, nothing to be concerned with, all that way to some extent
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2004, 04:06 PM   #8
agiacobbi
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
it is more probably solder, nothing to be concerned with, all that way to some extent
Thank you Bill, I was sure you would have seen it. I ran HOT water thru it from the tap and it didn't move so I don't think it will go any where. I also know that when you sweat two pipes together there is always a little solder or flux inside.