Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 10-08-2004, 09:38 PM   #1
Nightfall
Cooling Savant

Default Project Nightbox :p

For those who don't know what case this is (I don't think that'd be anybody here ) Here it is

So I have had my Antec Aria for quite a while now. First thing I want to do with it.. I need a better PSU! While it does come with a 300 watt PSU, which is the highest quality PSU in it's class, I wanted more. It probably could have handled my A64, 10K HD, X800 Pro, and a pump in the future, but it would probably be being stressed pretty good at that point. Who wants that :shrug: Anyways, as some may or may not know, the PSU in this box is proprietary. So how do you get something else in there? How about do some modding and fit a 1U server PSU in here So I bought an Etasis 480 watt 1U PSU. 30A on +5v, 30A on +3.3v, 18A on +12v1, and 18A on +12v2. I will soon show everybody how this was done using nothing more than the tools Arcturius and I had on hand. (Nothing purchased aside from the PSU) Not only did I fit in a much better PSU, it also fixed the cooling problem this case is renouned for, via a near completely unrestricted 120mm Sunon fan. I will show everybody how this was done sometime during the next week. Any input/comments would be greatly appreciated
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 07:35 AM   #2
Nightfall
Cooling Savant

Pic 1
Pic 2

Just wanted to give everybody a quick glance at the project at hand. That is the side of the chassis that the PCI slots are located. I will show everybody how it was done soon.
Unread 11-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #3
PaulDriver
Cooling Neophyte

If I may be so bold, what did you pay for the PSU? and how noisy is it?
My last 1U PSU was a noisy little fart (I swear that tiny fan must run at 10,000 RPM).
PaulDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #4
Nightfall
Cooling Savant

The PSU was $130 I believe.

Very... The thing is quite noisy. I am not one bothered by noise easily though.