Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
drunken_master
Cooling Neophyte

Default GF3 temps?

Does anyone know what temp the GPU can run at? On my normal GPU, I also read on a post that all nvidia cards come with temp sensors on GPU's, Is this right? I didn't think so, this dude also said all boards come with some kind of moniter software, but my elsa definately didn't. Also if it doesn't have temp sensor(which is what I think) where should i attach a probe, just inbetween cooler and chip, should it touch any specifc part,?
drunken_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
chazz469
Cooling Savant

You don't want to put the sensor in between the cooler and the chip, you'll mess up the cooling effect of the HSF. I put my CompuNurse on the back of my GF3, which I think most people do. It's not the MOST accurat since it's reading the temp of the PCB, but it's damn close.

AMD XP1600+ @1790MHz and rethinking my cooling....
MAZE3 --> DD Cooler Cube --> Eheim 1048
512MB PC2700 DDR
MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU
2x 20GB Maxtor in RAID 0
1x 30GB Maxtor --> WinXP
GF3 Ti200 @ 240/499
chazz469 is offline   Reply With Quote