Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > Reseller/Vendor Ratings
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Reseller/Vendor Ratings You want to give your impressions of a company or a vendor you did business with, Heres a place to do it!

Unread 12-08-2000, 05:16 PM   #1
syran
Cooling Neophyte

Default Rants and Rave Reviews about my experiences.

Heh, I hope the title got your attention. I figured, hey, joe left me a nice open gap, and I'm going to say what I have to say about the many online vendors I've dealt with.

#1 Best Buy Online ( www.bestbuy.com - Absolutely HORRIBLE, I love the store for the simple reason there is a clerk there which will honor Internet Pricing, so I get many retail items thru him, however, about 2 weeks ago, One of the Officers where I work (Ie, Bigwigs) wanted to buy Xmas presents for the President of the company. She decided on Webcams, since his daughter is in AZ @ school. Well, we ordered 2 cameras, 2 headsets w/ mic, and one of those monitor mics. It said they were in stock, and we overnighted them (this was tuesday) to have them for sure for Friday (The officer's party). Well, 1st off, the site was SLOW, and it took a while for us to get logged in, and the site all done. They were offering Free Ground shipping, however, they CHARGED an ORDER FEE of around $8 extra PLUS the upgrade to Overnight. Anyway, bestbuy.com calls the next day, NO CAMERAS, not even that, but they havn't had any for the last 3 days (WTF were they listed as "in-stock"), but they had shipped the mics. Well, that day, 2 boxes arrive, a large one, and a small one. I assume the large one has the 2 headphone, and the small one has the one for the monitor. WRONG, The mic for the montior was in the big box, and 2 Explicit Lyrics CD's occupied the 2nd box. SO, now we have 1 mic, and 1 day until the party. I ended up having to call them, cancel just about everything, DRIVE 45 MINS to bestbuy, and purchase 2 new cameras, then drive back, (ON MY DIME) and they Promised the headphone would be here friday (I don't know if they showed up or not, left work early today).

Anyway, I'll contiue in another message, as this one is long enough

------------------
T-Bird 850@1017 - KT7 Raid - 256 PC133 CAS2 - WinMe
Dual Celerons 533@670 - BP6 - 256 MB PC133 CAS2 - Win2KServer

[This message has been edited by syran (edited 12-08-2000).]
syran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2000, 05:28 PM   #2
syran
Cooling Neophyte

#2 Dynasty Express ( www.dynastyexpress.com )- I have both a hard time Loving and Hating this company. They are in AL, only 5 hrs away, and Ground shipping shows up the day after they ship (like it ships @ 6pm, I get it 12noon the next day), and they have resonable prices for shipping & parts. The bad - TIME TO SHIP... I have had to wait up to 2 weeks for them to ship something before... yet they say they only sell something if it's in stock... come on... it really doesn't take that long to ship something UPS ground, does it? ON the flip side, I've never had problems with RMA's or anything like that (had to RMA a motherboard once)

#3 Gamehardware.safeshopper.com, see this link on the forum http://www.procooling.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000006.html

#4 Inflow Direct - ( www.InflowDirect.Com ) - I Love this company, Purchased from them 3 times before, Great Service, Prices, and Shipping, The owner (only guy I've talked to there, and I've called them alot w/ questions) is a little hard to understand, but seems VERY knowledgeable. I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

#5 Premier Systems ( www.premiersystem.com - They only thing I've purchased from them is Memory, Kingmax PC133 128MB Cas2 to be exact... running 4 of them total, all in abit boards (known to be picky about memory)... No problems whatsoever, all of them even run @ cas2 (surprise, surprise)... Overall, very happy with them, and the memory, great prices & good shipping.

#6 MicroPro Inc. ( www.mpipc.com ) - Only have ordered from them once, very happy with everything, ordered a full system as parts for someone because they had a good deal + 5% off and I could get a Geforce DDR-DVI out of the deal (This was back in Jan). Shipping price was excellent ($46 shipping, 3 boxes, including a 19" monitor), however, since then,. there prices have gone up considerably compared to what they were... i'd recommend them if it wasn't for the price.

I'm sure I've dealt with others, but those are the names that ring in my head.

[This message has been edited by syran (edited 12-08-2000).]
syran is offline   Reply With Quote