Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > Reseller/Vendor Ratings
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reseller/Vendor Ratings You want to give your impressions of a company or a vendor you did business with, Heres a place to do it!

Unread 12-26-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
JCviggen
Cooling Neophyte

Default Overclock-watercool *sigh*

Hello,
On October 19th I ordered a res+pump from OCWC. I paid with paypal.

Bottom line, I never got my stuff. After about 2 months I decided to email Chip and ask him about it ... he said it had been shipped on nov 7, and if it wasn't with me the next week he'd send a replacement or refund if i decided to cancel the order. By that time all i wanted to do was cancel cos I no longer had any use for the stuff I had ordered. I only found out how many ppl had problems with OCWC after I ordered.
Anyway, numerous emails later, I'm still no further. Chip's emails have always been very polite and so have mine, but absolutely nothing had been solved so far. He has promised me stuff, in fact last week he said to me he had sent an international money order to me. I never get anything. And to be honest i am getting pretty tired of it. Its a 100$ order and I'm short on cash right now. Since I paid with paypal all I could do is complain to them but i'm reluctant to go over everything with them AGAIN.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get Chip to finally send me that refund ? I hate the feeling of being ripped off. Which is basically what happened since he keeps lying to me ...

any ideas?

thanks

JCviggen
JCviggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2001, 11:35 PM   #2
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

I would like to link to the LONG thread on the HF that spawned this. Not cause it will make anyone look any better or worse, for the simple fact it will give some back ground on whats already been said:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=296573

Honestly you are not the only one that has had complaints like this. I have been the reciever of many emails about chip in the last 4 months. All the storys are somewhat the same.

I know I will be asked why I am talking like this about a sponsor, and someone whos been close with ProCooling for some time. The reason is simple. These are chips issues, not mine. I am going to talk about them cause there are jus too many people emailing me and posting around that they are out of money and products. Its not right.

I hope you get your money in rapid order. If anyone else has issues like this PLEASE post it.

( refer to the HF link above to see my long post I did there concerning this issue )

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2001, 03:28 AM   #3
JCviggen
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks dude.

Funny enough, someone at the [H] pointed me to this forum ... now back there, heh

cheers

JCviggen
Unread 01-02-2002, 08:42 AM   #4
Sabre
Cooling Neophyte

I know the feeling dude i'm still waitin for my waterpump combo I ordered on the 13 of Nov. At least chip replyed to you he hasn't had the decency to reply to me yet. I'm about to start considering legal actions against this worthless and VERY unprofessional company and indivual.
4 256Mb Crucial DDR(Registered)
2 IBM 40Gb Hd's in Raid 0
(damn cheap forum not lettin me have my full signiture)
Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2002, 12:03 PM   #5
JCviggen
Cooling Neophyte

I got my money back from Chip today.

So in the end all is well. But it took a few too many emails maybe.
anyway ... this case is closed for me
Unread 01-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #6
fastM
Cooling Neophyte

I had to call my credit card company to get my money back.
fastM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2002, 04:27 PM   #7
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Guys, like Joe, I'm sorry this is all panning out like this. Chip has had some really neat products, but he is very immature and has his priorities out of wack. I've been waiting for some stuff from him for a couple months, and at this point, I said forget about it as he is no longer a sponsor anymore. Black Ice: Part II would have been finished if it were not for his "I'm to busy to even deal with my own customers" attitude.
-Kev