Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Random Site Stuff > Pro/Forums Hall of Fame
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Pro/Forums Hall of Fame The Hall of Fame/Shame threads from the Pro/Forums. AKA: The Comedy Coppermine

Unread 02-01-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Lies, and more lies... OCWC's secret is out.. its WatercooledCPU.com

I got an email today that tipped me off.

Look CLOSELY at the info on the site WatercooledCPU.com look at the Registar info, and then look at OCWC's registar info. it does NOT match at all.. but the watercoolecpu.com info is 100% fake. There is no Jessica, there is no test lab, there is no testing. I have confirmed this by talking to some people "on the inside" that know the score.

There is a reason only OCWC and HwLabs replied to WatercooledCPU's request, and thats because .... Chip IS WATERCOOLEDCPU.com

This is without a doubt the most dishonest act I think I have seen since I have been on the web. Not even the OCZ - PCToyz deal was as evil. OCWC has caused many people problems, so many that its hard to count. He's stopped paying his bills to suppliers, and has just exercised the worst in business sense.

Get this .. the fuker is in the Clergy!! How can you be a holy man if you are that dishonest?

I feel personally screwed by him with all this, I trusted and believed in him, and now I was kicked in the head for that trust.
I have all the proof I need to back up every single claim I made in this post. Simply all I have to say is FUK Chip for screwing people like this, I hope he gets run the **** out of businesss for being this unethical.

WaterCooledCPU Registar info:
Administrative Contact:
Treckle, Jessica jessica@assetinvestigations.com
watercooledCPU
12355 Center St
Arabi, Louisiana 70032
United States
(504) 555-1212 Fax -- (603) 698-4685

OCWC Info:
Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Eckert, Chip (CE4043) chip@TECHNOLOGIST.COM
Chip Eckert
7672 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati , OH 45236
513-608-6444 (FAX) 603-698-4685

Chip is a private investegator also... hence his association with "Assetinvestigation" Also look at thew fax numbers...

Also his real name is Russle Eckert for those looking to go after him for what he owes you.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Unread 02-01-2002, 07:43 PM   #2
DarkEdge
Cooling Savant

This is nothing new. I once worked for Hwextreme. Many of you may remember my review of the cooling cube vs the bigmamma. I bought both.

Clearly stated the situations under the testing. Pump, ambient temp, etc...

My ass got reamed because of his site. 1 day after my review was posted he changed the info on his site. In bold red he added, for best performace use a 150gallon pump and a 100cfm fan. When I confronted him about him adding this info he said it was a lie and that it had been on his site a month.

My review was flawed in some aspects, not because of me though, but because of the person who posted it. He screwed up some of the result numbers. (Melvin) He has also let several reviews be ripped from other sites. Speedxxracer, also who used to work there typed up reviews for melvin and was told that to get info from other sites. Speedxxxracer never even recieved these items for review.

All in all it does not surprise me that Chip is JUST now starting to really get exposed. Ever sense he burned me I havn't bought another product of his.
Unread 02-01-2002, 08:12 PM   #3
Joe

HwExtreme is a whole nother work of art, dont even get me started with those kiddies... I am honestly amazed that black hole of info is still on the web... even after the whole plagerism of their latest article....

And yes I am also happy to see people who do wrong get exposed.

Unread 02-01-2002, 11:57 PM   #4
Mr. Thompson
Cooling Neophyte

Joe,

Thank you for comming forward with this. It needed to be said.

Regards,

Colin Thompson

If the supercooled, overclocking crowd discovers how fast duallies feel, there will be a stampede to build SMP rigs that will make the California gold rush look like a few little old ladies pushing shopping carts at the supermarket.
Unread 02-02-2002, 12:09 AM   #5
Brad
Thermophile

the thing to remember is there will always be plenty of newbie's coming into watercooling who won't have heard of all this sort of stuff, see his site(s) and buy his stuff.

imho we should try to shut him down for good

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Unread 02-02-2002, 12:10 AM   #6
Joe

There is an element of TRUST that I have with everyone I deal with. I assume people trust me, cause I trust them.

Chip has Violated my trust with this. If you know the history behind Watercooledcpu.com you know it was started as a REVIEW SITE TO TEST BLOCKS!!!!!!

OK ... so chip wanted to stack the deck by running a review site, to test blocks "fairly"... hmmmmm

I am so pissed at him and this whole deal, I really do hope the world comes crashing down on his lil scam opperation. I react very poorly to people who lie to me. The halmarks of my personality are to be pretty honest, and trustworthy. Since I work SO hard at that, I expect people to atleast extend the same back to me.

**** him. And **** anyone who tries to cheat people out of money. I hope everyone who got screwed by all this get together and get yourself a lil class action going on to get your money back.

Unread 02-02-2002, 12:32 AM   #7
Joe

This was just noticed in pro/chat:
<PeterNorth> eckert backwards is trekce. that easily becomes treckle.

Jessica Treckle? Hmmm

Unread 02-02-2002, 12:36 AM   #8
Lonely Raven
Cooling Neophyte

Joe, I've been buying a lot of OCZ stuff lately...memory and
such....could you clue me in on the issues you mentioned with
them? I'd really rather put my money somewhere else, even if
the product is good, if I'm dealing with someone dishonest or
misleading...

Jack of All Trades,
Master of None

IT Samurai
Unread 02-02-2002, 12:43 AM   #9
Joe

OCZ a long time ago, killed their rep. By not service'n their customers like they should, and also not shipping what they should, if they shipped at all. after all that stuff happened, they opened another store front called PCToyz, but denied that it was them, and used Psudonyms to cover up their real names. Also OCZ was and still is closely related to AthlonOC and HardwareOC but they also denied that.

Here is a good example. I ran their banner 1.8+ years ago for 30 days... payment was a VP6 mobo. I stopped gettign replies when I wanted the board so I started to make a fuss, and get this....... Martin K from Athlon OC is the one who shipped the VP6 to me..... OK so PCtoyz which said its not related to OCZ which said it wasnt related to Athlon OC shipped a board to me, but the person who shipped it was the owner of Athlon OC.

So.... do the math, thats one big steaming pile of evil and lies there... it was all exposed soon after.

OCZ is still evil in my mind, I will never buy from them or trust them cause they lied to me. Once you lie to me, thats it, I am not going back there if my life depended on it.

OCZ has since gone through many "face" changes to try and shake their past, but I still believe fully its the same code of ethics they had before. People are still having many of the same shipping/quality issues they were having 2 years ago...

Unread 02-02-2002, 02:58 AM   #10
kemical
Cooling Neophyte

ok, being the resident noob here... Im quite happy with the BIX I bought from them. I paid them, they gave me what I asked for... Yeah, the watercooledcpu is obviously a front but as long as they are still shipping radiators whats the harm? (other than overcharging =) The business is obviously shaddy, but im still happy with the product. But since we now know them to be shaddy, I guess that means that all the great things ive read about the radiator have probably been doctored, only my thermometers can tell me now what ive really put my into machine.... Noobism at its finest. But since all this is going on, im going to be double checking my bank account for any red flags. Thanks for the heads up anyway all.

Ill post pics and temps when im finished, then I can really judge...

:shrug:

WinXP | xp1500 @ 1.59ghz | Iwill xp333-r rev2.1 | 2X256 Kingston pc2700 | Radeon 8500 retail | 431W Enermax Whisper | 2x 40gig Maxtor 133's in RAID 0 |

**Cooling** | DD Maze2-1 | DD Chipset Block | 1/2" ID hose and fittings | ehiem 1250 | BIX shrouded to a 172mm 200+cfm Rotron Monster | DD5 | Custom inline Res |
Unread 02-02-2002, 05:01 AM   #11
jaani
Cooling Neophyte

I personally can attest to both poor and misleading service on behalf of OCWC. Perhaps I was naive to think I would actually GET what I paid for (more on this later), yet people ask me why I am now so cynical about many e-retailers. I've ended up with a second-rate shipment too many times to ever warrant plunging credit-card-first into purchases from previously onheard of companies.

One instance - ordered (read: paid for) a Black Ice Prime w/ LPD mod (just curious to see if this was anything more than hype) and 1/2" OD barbs (for 1/2" ID tubing) on September 10th, 2001. Perhaps the events of the next day had some influence on the processing of the order, and to a certain extend the world stood still for a time. But nevertheless, 2 weeks later and I had yet to receive any e-mail other than the PayPal confirmation that my CC had been debited. Ahem.

Soon after that I received an e-mail from Chip saying the order had been shipped and that he threw in a 120mm fan. I consoled myself - "yay 120mm fan! OCWC = teh r0x0r." But me != teh winnar. Come NOVEMBER 27th 2001 I had still not received any package. By this time the BIX had been released and I most pissed off - while I was waiting for delivery a newer, (presumably) better, shinier, and CHEAPER model had been released...Chip's excuse was that the package had been lost.

< speculation > personally, I have wondered if it was ever sent < /speculation >

Finally, December 28th and a late Christmas present arrives! One BIX ...but...it's...a... pre-production sample with 3/8" OD hose barbs and an unpainted finish. (No 120mm, but I guess that got lost too. )

I e-mailed Chip to ask what was going on, and I still haven't received a reply.

Perhaps the most annoying part about all this is I can't just go into a store and hassle the shit out of the proprietor (being in Australia, I can't even ring them without facing exorbitant costs). Instead I am forced to wait the best part of a week for a response from Chip *cough* "Jessica" *cough* Eckert.

The sad thing is even resources like ResellerRatings are not immune to fraud from businesses. Only too many times during the OCZ fiasco did I hear stories (unsubstantiated, however) of its proprieters rigging comments - this possibility strikes me as alarmingly plausible.

Thankfully OCZ is now generally 'out of the loop' of affiliates of most respectable overclocking sites.

As with all things of this nature I tend to be highly cynical of any allegations, and coming from anyone other than Joe I would be reluctant to write a post like this. But based on my personal dealings with Chip and the comments in this thread I have no hesitation in hoping OCWC goes the way of OCZ.

Now back to finding a waterblock for my Chilli Case...(Kevin?)
e-mail.
Unread 02-02-2002, 06:20 AM   #12
TNT2bluz
Cooling Savant

Kem...I think I've taken enough offense with regards to dealing with OCWC so I'll just make that .00001 installment of my .02.

What you bought...hasn't been paid for. Its coming out of my pocket. But don't get me wrong, we're not taking it against you. In fact we take great consolation in the fact that you're satisfied with your BI X.

jaani? What unpainted preproduction version? WTF?

All units shipped to the US were either Chrome plated or finished with high-gloss black enamel. Unless he sent you a prototype...then agian that itself was finished black.

If you want our gear in Oz, CoolPC.com.au are the blokes you should tap. Email me at info@hwlabs.com and tell me more about this.

Last edited by TNT2bluz; 02-02-2002 at 08:39 AM.
Unread 02-02-2002, 06:44 AM   #13
newhit
Cooling Neophyte

The irony to me, a UK resident, is that "PC Nut" refuses point blank to sell to int' customers due to the hassle they have had from fraudsters.
Unread 02-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #14
CileGray
Cooling Neophyte

I've had my fair share of bull-shit from Chip also, just look at my name....

Does it remind you of anything? I did his website. He paid me 500$. So I go ahead and do a second website of his, data-detective.com and get 2 clients to order kits from him. On top of that, he was making me a custom waterblock for my GF3, that he was also gonna buy and send me (for the site)...

So I wait and wait, and never get a thing. The good thing is that I never did give him the second site, but he still owes me the two kits for the two clients who paid, and since I DID do my part on the website work he owes me everything else also.

What a piece of ass.
Unread 02-02-2002, 08:33 AM   #15
Butcher
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by newhit
The irony to me, a UK resident, is that "PC Nut" refuses point blank to sell to int' customers due to the hassle they have had from fraudsters.
www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk is now stocking black ice rads. Free delivery from them too
Unread 02-02-2002, 09:22 AM   #16
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Personally, I'm not sure what to make of all this... I used to talk to Chip everyday online. We used to draft up ideas together and every now and then he would send me some stuff. Sometimes it sucked/leaked. Sometimes it was rather cool. But gosh recently he has treated me like dirt.

If you guys were wondering what the deal w/ Black Ice Part II was and why it never came out... It is merely because Chip couldn't send a couple other things i needed. When I would politely send him e-mails asking about it, he would say things like "It'll go out first thing in the morning." Now after Joe's recent discourse w/ him, he referred to me as "griping" and was rather disrespectful in his manner. I mean dude... I thought he and I were buds and now he's talkin' shit. Wtf...

I really don't know whatever happened to Chip. I remember when he first got his feet wet in the business, he had som innovative products. Overclockers.com reviewed some. We reviewd some. It looked like he was to be the force to be reckoned with in the cooling world. So much so that Dennis @ the Den sent Chip mail saying that he feels that Chip is very inspring and furthers the current state of watercooling continually with his new innovations. And now look at him... The bill he owes Willie is quite large. His customer service has gone to shit. So have his prodcuts. They leak and he blames it on you (Trust me... I know from experience). And the whole fraudelnt website... wow... that is all news to me as of a few days ago before this post.

Well I don't think he is going to be making too much money anymore in the Cooling business. Furthermore, it seems that some of these injustices committed by Chip are punishable by law. Fraud, failure to pay bills, faking identification, etc... I'm sure there are so many small technical bits. While I would be quite surprised if this happened, I would say that a class action suit is VERY possible.

Concluding, I think this whole situation sucks. I know he's personally an asshole to me and I know he bends over customers, but I think back to the "old" Chip and wonder what happened. Where did shit hit the fan w/ that guy. Well anyhow, this post is getting long. Peace.

-Kev
Unread 02-02-2002, 09:47 AM   #17
derraa
Cooling Neophyte

I have always liked chip. He helped me when I first started watercooling. He has sent me multiple prototypes for testing. Other than takign a while to answer some emails, I had good experience with him. He never seemed to me the type to do this.
Unread 02-02-2002, 12:17 PM   #18
zoson
Cooling Savant

For those of you who have questions about OCZ, please look at this thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=267381 and you can find out what OCZ is like.
-Zoson

Core i7 930 @ 4254Hz 22x193 | ASUS R3E 901 BIOS | 12GB Mushkin Blackline 3x4GB @ 1547MHz 7-8-7-24-1N | Lian Li PC-A10B
2x EVGA GTX275 SLI @ 720/1266/1566 | 2x 80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD Raid 0 | 3x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7.2K Raid 5 | Corsair 950TX
H2O | Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A | EK-FB RE3 | Swiftech - 2x MCW60/GTX275 Unisink, MCP655b, MCRes Micro.v2 | 3x HWLabs SR1-120
あなたの神への弓
Time isn't wasted, when you're gettin' wasted.
Unread 02-02-2002, 12:55 PM   #19
Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by newhit
I dont see what PCNuts shipping info has to do with OCWC's lies... if it does please let me know, if not then take it to another thread please.

Unread 02-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #20
Joe

Ok guys... get this:

I called Assetinvestigations at 12:00am last night, just to see if it was a real company. Someone answered, I said wrong number. So I know someones at the other end of thier phone.... no biggy

Thismorning I get a call at 11:00am from the same guy I talked to last night ( used caller ID to call me back). He started to interogate me about WHY I called, Who do I work for, what company was I calling him for, what real reason did I have for calling, what was my name...

Whoa... I am sorry, NO LEGIT COMPANY does that. There is something truly ****ed up going on. I am contacting an attorney and seeing what he thinks about this whole deal, and if there is some fraud going on ( either mail fraud or just general fraud).

I am also going to do more snooping about who is what and where...

Yes it may seem like a stupid thing to do, but I am pretty sure that if chip isnt put down, he will just resurface as a new front somewhere else to **** more people.

Assetinvestigations is an enigma for now to me... Shit I coulda been talking to chip for all I know. one thing is for sure, hes hurt many people, and destroied all his credibility on the web.

Unread 02-02-2002, 02:09 PM   #21
iceheart
Cooling Savant

Jeez, that's crazy...
Unread 02-02-2002, 04:31 PM   #22
Tim
Cooling Neophyte

If you consider chip regesterd his domain with godaddy
hence -
Registrar: Go Daddy Software (http://registrar.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WATERCOOLEDCPU.COM

try reading there T&C
https://registrar.godaddy.com/dispute_policy.asp?isc=

and the conditions he agreed to when he signed up
https://registrar.godaddy.com/regAgreement.asp

i also did an
Adress look up this also proves he has give a fake adress, Any legit company wouldnt do this. also there site is hosted on freewebspace.com his shoppng cart his hosted on ccnow.com he is ither realy dumb or stupid as ccnow.com he is also voilating there terms and conditions

also she asks for some stuff to be sent via mail and gives the following adress...
Jessica Treckle, PE
6901 Royal St.
Arabi, La 70032

thus also he rufes to use paypal and gives it down to paypals T&C errors but paypal requires his REAL details, fax is just a simple number. If you think this is not right then think only two types of people would do this

1) a very securety wary person
2) a person running a scam trying to cover him self

also isnt NanoTherm Compound ment to be only avable from some other site? i forget its name but how can this site be selling it then ?

This page violates probley atleast one terminatable condition in each service he use's if you look into it i am shure you can get his site taken down or even traced.

I hope this helps you sum this up as most of it has already been stated above.

thanks for listening
Unread 02-02-2002, 05:47 PM   #23
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I love how OCZ denies its connection to AthlonOC but I distinctly remember back when OCZ started Athlon OC posted and said something like "Check out our new store"
Unread 02-02-2002, 05:54 PM   #24
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Quote:
Originally posted by Sled_Dog
I love how OCZ denies its connection to AthlonOC but I distinctly remember back when OCZ started Athlon OC posted and said something like "Check out our new store"
Yeah hehe they are shady for sure, but like Joe said, let's try and keep this thread to OCWC, Chip, and related issues.
Unread 02-02-2002, 06:02 PM   #25
ondaedg
Cooling Savant

it's unfortunate that it had to come down to this. In the other forums I frequent, Chip has quite a following in terms of pissed off customers either unhappy with his products and services, or received no product at all. And I can remember when Kevin, Una, and I were defending Chip in the Hardforums..... Hopefully, Chip will speak out and confront the watercoolers out there on this whole situation.