Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 03-06-2004, 02:50 AM   #1
saam
Cooling Neophyte

Totally Confused, please help.

hi,

I just got my P4 3.06 Mhz (MB Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 1 GB DDR) and I've been monitoring the temperature using PC Probe and MBM. The casing has 2 12cm fans. The configuration and results are (temperatures are in Degrees Celsius) :

Air Intake: Rear Fan
Air Exhaust: Front Fan
Av. CPU Temp: 44 (for games 57)
Av. MB Temp: 38 (for games 45)
Av. CPU Fan RPM: 3900 (for games 4200)

Based on what I've read on Intel and other sites, the optimum fan placement should be the contrary of what it is actually. So, I reversed the fans and the results are:

Air Intake: Front Fan
Air Exhaust: Rear Fan
Av. CPU Temp: 38 (for games 44)
Av. MB Temp: 28 (for games 35)
Av. CPU Fan RPM: 5000 (for games 5100)

I'm totally confused. Is the second configuration better than the previous or 44 degrees is just normal for the processor? Is the CPU fan not running too fast (more noise) with the new configuration?

please help me.

thanks
saam is offline   Reply With Quote