Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 10-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

Default why can retailers not understand engineering integrity ?

from another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacooltech
. . . . . BTW how objective is that "certain grumpy engineer who's maintained a highly respectable status in the PC water cooling" ?
Is he involved in design / manufacturing of competing radiators ? well if that's the case, he can't be really objective now can he?
Unquote

get fu*ked Bruce, you would project your dishonesty to include me
don't presume to hang your marketing spiel sh*t on me
you are in good company with your whoring accusations, ********, all your type

listen dung head, if I post a number it can be replicated by anyone with the interest
stop whining and how about you doing some testing ?
- instead of making unsubstantiated allegations against those who do test ?

do you have an instance of bias that you can cite ?
then wtf are you saying ?
that I lie ?

hey Bruce -. get fu*ked
Bill Adams

Last edited by BillA; 10-08-2005 at 09:16 AM. Reason: removed non-combatants' names - sorry guys
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

I am having a hard time following your post. Are you telling Bruce to get ****ed or is someone else?
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

lol, so po'ed I can't write clearly
ammended the above to add my name
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Wow. that woke me up!

I would have to say that if Bruce's intentions werent to say you are untrustworthy in your reviews/apprasials, then he just used very bad wording in what he said.

But hell, Bill you are one of the most tried and true testers in the scene, I find it hard to think that you would mislead people for some hidden agenda.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Joe

BTW, got a link to this "other forum" I would be interested to see the context that this was all said in. Out of context stuff can seem much different than it is.

Unread 10-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
flatline
Cooling Savant

yay more pro/bitching

welcome back
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
Joe

you know you missed it

Unread 10-07-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...1&page=1&pp=25

I am not to sure what context it was in. Bruce was notified of this thread so maybe some insight to come.
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
nikhsub1
c00ling p00n

More specifically: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...61#post1053461

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
E6700 @ 3.65Ghz / P5W DH Deluxe / 2GB 667 TeamGroup / 1900XTX
PC Power & Cooling Turbo 510 Deluxe
Mountain Mods U2-UFO Cube
Storm G5 --> MP-01 --> PA 120.3 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
1,223,460+ Ghz Folding@Home
aNonForums
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #10
flatline
Cooling Savant

it looks to me asif that post was made by "RVWinkle" thow its credited to "dacooltech" same person? bad quote?
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #11
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

I would also like to understand why Bill is calling Bruce dishonest?
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #12
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatline
it looks to me asif that post was made by "RVWinkle" thow its credited to "dacooltech" same person? bad quote?
Here is a capture of the post. Certainly have to much time on my hands today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post.jpg (116.9 KB, 80 views)
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #13
mikoto
Cooling Neophyte

It seems to me that RVwinkle said this part ,"certain grumpy engineer who's maintained a highly respectable status in the PC water cooling" ?
And then Bruce added this to winkle's preceeding out of context quote: BTW how objective is that "certain grumpy engineer who's maintained a highly respectable status in the PC water cooling" ?
And then:
"Is he involved in design / manufacturing of competing radiators ? well if that's the case, he can't be really objective now can he?"

Seems pretty clear to me that Bruce was calling out Bill's integrity.
That's unfortunate. Bill has never done anything but demonstrate competence and integrity and, well, a little willingness to jump down a few throats. Bruce has not, to my knowledge, provided this community with equal value save a bunch of over priced products of rather underwhelming design for all the massive R&D he purports to have invested in them. Until he has perhaps he should tread with a little more care, or at least show the simple common decency of not being irresponsible in his comments about the character of another person. Common respect for others is what I am suggesting unless I wasn't clear.
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #14
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

post # 39 http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...1&postcount=39
my take is that Bruce is 'bootstrapping',
cutting everyone down to (his) size by cutting at the level of the boot tops

he has recently graduated from a vendor to a product "designer" - though it seems he merely copied bits of this and that - and is attempting to invalidate technical appraisal based on the source (before it has occurred it would seem)

Bruce is a money chaser and can think only in that reference, no real biggie to other than me

jd
psychobabble; Bruce is dishonest (makes up or shades data) and assumes all others are also, and applied that reasoning to me
- focus directly on what not objective means to a professional generating and presenting data

flip it around, if Bruce were honest would he be so inclined to assert that I am not ?
if Bruce had his own test results would he still need to denigrate others' work ?
another soul brother for Bruce, ****** is a vendor of the same ilk

based on Bruce's statement I accept that he makes no pretense of objectivity, he speaks to advance his cause
when he applies such to me I will object and ask him to substantiate his assertion of non-objectivity

he is being asked now

Last edited by BillA; 10-08-2005 at 09:18 AM. Reason: removed non-combatant name
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #15
flatline
Cooling Savant

ic thanks for the clarificashon it seams after spending mutch of my life reading thru "our own" rad thred i lost mutsh of my stamina in the area of bitching i stand corrected
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #16
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
from another forum:

Quote:
. . . . . BTW how objective is that "certain grumpy engineer who's maintained a highly respectable status in the PC water cooling" ?
Is he involved in design / manufacturing of competing radiators ? well if that's the case, he can't be really objective now can he?
Unquote

get fu*ked Bruce, you would project your dishonesty to include me
don't presume to hang your marketing spiel sh*t on me
you are in good company with your whoring accusations, Joemac, Jeremy at Silverprop, all your type

listen dung head, if I post a number it can be replicated by anyone with the interest
stop whining and how about you doing some testing ?
- instead of making unsubstantiated allegations against those who do test ?

do you have an instance of bias that you can cite ?
then wtf are you saying ?
that I lie ?

hey Bruce -. get fu*ked
Bill Adams
I never called you a liar, but you're claiming that I'm dishonest???
is it the outcome of your freaking reliable test results?

GO F***K YOURSELF BILL!

I used to have lot of respect for you, and now none at all!!!

and don't you dare calling me dishonest old fella!!!!

I have nothing to do whatsoever with the folks that you mentioned, so i don't have a fu*king clue what you're talking about...

Let' see: From another forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWinkle
And just a heads to everyone, a certain grumpy engineer who's maintained a highly respectable status in the PC water cooling field for quite some time has made some vague references to these new rads. The impression I got was that the performance of this line would be underwhelming. This is deffinitely a product in which you'll want to wait for the reviews before upgrading.
Aren't you the one posted comments below, when pH received his single-pass Pro3:

Quote:
BillA: pretty clear what it is, a BIP 3 single pass
lots of capacity there !
Link

Quote:
BillA:I would give Willie credit for his rads, they are in fact 'made for computer cooling'

Link

Quote:
BillA: Willie has had that single pass for some time, its just not available from retailers
Swiftech had no interest as Willie sells also directly to our distributors,
no way to make a buck - not gonna be offered (by us)

you will see that single pass is not necessairly better, it all depends . . . .
Link

Quote:
BillA: this is a very fine radiator for a particular purpose
we all understand that this is not for the mass market
but its fine here at procooling

nice work Bruce
Link

So after HWlabs finally started offering the single-pass BI radis to the mass market, all of a sudden you started making "vague references" to these rads, giving people the impression that the performance of this line would be underwhelming? What is the reason for this 180 degree change I wonder?

Is it because you designed competing BS radiators for a Chinese manufacturer?

Quote:
BillA: brand new line of rads with different features and performance ?
jeez, can't buy no respect 'round here

but I guess thats because the performance is unknown, ok . . . .

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/ima...0hl-600x440.gif

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/ima...iss-600x440.gif

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/ima...-cw-600x440.gif
Quote:
Bruce:
welcome back Bill

did you design those radis?

I thought those radis are also from China, no?

FYI a company from China contacted me about those radis couple times within the last few months...
Quote:
BillA:
Hi Bruce
yup
and yup
and yup again, the Chinese will retain the right to sell
(the blue paint is cooler)
Quote:
Bruce:
oh OK... so you designed those radiators, applied for a patent, and the Chinese are going to pay you royalty? aren't you guys supposed have some type of exclusive rights on them?

BTW I didn't understand how exactly the patent-pending self-purging brass plenum chamber thing works?
Quote:
BillA: thats all Bruce, want more talk with Gabe
linkage to the posts above

You can not even give a freaking straight answer to simple Qs anymore like you used to eh Bill?

aren't you the one that used to comment about preventing the Chinese from taking over the US market?

aren't you the one that found Chinese radis low tech?

Quote:
this is not a new issue, the Chinese will take every market for low tech products - and rads are low tech
I have several and they perform comparably to those of their type
So WTF? Are you a flip flopper now, or what?

Did you post any test data to support your claims regarding the X-Flow radis, or making vague references is just enough ?

Apparently I'm not the one who does word play in order to bad mouth competing products...

Erick gave me a big surpsrise when he released cheap Black Ice Xtreme rev.1 knock offs... and you started working with him now... so how unbiased are you against competing products now ?

what's your next project? a cheap Storm knock off made in China?

don't flatter yourself with this engineer with integrity BS...
call me a box pusher if you will, i don't give a f**k... I'm not an engineer, and never claimed otherwise... there are tons of engineers with integrity over @ the Pro/forums, which I have tons of respect for, and you're not one of them anymore...

you ruined your good reputation yourself, and don't try your stupid tricks on me... so go f***k yourself you grumpy old engineer who used to be highly respectable...

Last edited by dacooltech; 10-07-2005 at 05:31 PM.
dacooltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
he has recently graduated from a vendor to a product "designer" - though it seems he merely copied bits of this and that - and is attempting to invalidate technical appraisal based on the source (before it has occurred it would seem)
look who is talking... the only block that he released to the market so far is nothing but an optimized version of Hoot's pin design water block ...

at least I gave credit where its due...

what did you engineer so far eh? You don't think you're Stew -who is an engineer with lots of integrity BTW- now, are you?

Quote:
Bruce is a money chaser and can think only in that reference, no real biggie to other than me
yea right i'm the money chaser now... I did not (still don't) even have a single X-Flow single pass radi in stock...

I wonder what you were doing all day @ your old job... posting crap over the forums, badmouthing others products, lurking over @ E-bay looking for test equipment to purchase with the company's money? Bill what particular outstanding achievement/contribution have you made over at your old job?

I wonder what took your old employer so long to realize that something wasn't really happening there...

so you practically used the previous company's research money and time only to directly benefit a competitor? I wonder what's up with the non-compete agreement, which should prevent you from going to a competing company for at least 2 yrs... What's the story here?

and yet you're calling me a money chaser eh old fella?

Quote:
jd
psychobabble; Bruce is dishonest (makes up or shades data) and assumes all others are also, and applied that reasoning to me
- focus directly on what not objective means to a professional generating and presenting data
I am not YOU old fella...

Quote:
flip it around, if Bruce were honest would he be so inclined to assert that I am not ?
if Bruce had his own test results would he still need to denigrate others' work ?
another soul brother for Bruce, javascripterror on OCAU is a vendor of the same ilk

based on Bruce's statement I accept that he makes no pretense of objectivity, he speaks to advance his cause
when he applies such to me I will object and ask him to substantiate his assertion of non-objectivity

he is being asked now
You got your F*CKING answers see my posts above...

i'm sure people will find out about your real face soon when you end up as a bulldog in the forums for your new company...

and you know what do not expect me to jump with you at your low level old fella... There's no need for me to waste my time on you...

Last edited by dacooltech; 10-07-2005 at 03:49 PM.
dacooltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #18
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

thanks for the clarification Bruce
others can now determine if you have made your case for my lack of objectivity
Unread 10-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #19
Joe

I dont have nearly a high enought blood alcohol level to read all this, I will read later.

But I do think I will need some popcorn since this seems to be schedule 1 banter!

Unread 10-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #20
greenman100
Cooling Savant

how old are we?
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #21
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

The thing to note here Joe is how they both come out the box swinging F-Bombs at one another. None of that gradual buildup to a flame war stuff that you commonly see in forums. This is not some run of the mill scuffle between nancy-boys; we're watching true internet badasses duke it out here!

I'm gonna grab some of the Canadian tripple on the way home and also load up on snacks. I will also board up the windows because I'm pretty sure the Kool-Aid man is gonna be bustin in the house yelling "OHHHHH YEAAAAH" before too long.
Unread 10-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #22
RVWinkle
Cooling Neophyte

...so umm...howabout them new ram waterblocks? What'll those wacky Germans come up with next?

p.s. Sorry to all parties involved, I kinda feel like I started this mess with my silly comments. I was just trying to detract the fanboys who were drooling over the latest toy. I meant no harm and both of you guys are part of the solid foundation of my favorite hobby.
RVWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #23
Joe

no reason to be sorry, as pH said this is an epic thread so far

Unread 10-07-2005, 06:29 PM   #24
Lothar5150
Cooling Savant

Quote:
and don't you dare calling me dishonest old fella!!!!
I'm your hucklberry.

Quote:
Erick gave me a big surpsrise when he released cheap Black Ice Xtreme rev.1 knock offs... and you started working with him now... so how unbiased are you against competing products now ?
Bah, Bruce why do you think that Gabe has not released the white paper on radiator performance? Gabe told me himself that the CoolRad-12T outperformed all of the dual core radiators tested, including the BIX. Certainly his reluctance to release the data and or the white paper suggests that the CoolRad-12T may have preformed almost as well as his radiator. The reality is that these radiators are not cheap knock offs.

Bruce let be straight here...Black Ice Radiators are made in the Philippines not in the USA. Second mass production most any type of radiator, for any industry comes from sources outside the USA. It's a labor intensive process which means production goes were labor cost is low. Thus all US based manufacturers in the auto industry and beyond manufacture in plants outside the US or subcontract outside the US.

BTW how is block manufacturing in Turkey working for you?

Finally let’s address the issue of bias. Bill is the CTO because I need wisdom, experience, integrity and accurate data which can be independently verified. If you ever need to question the accuracy of Bill's data then you can run the same test using the same equipment under the same conditions. In short Bill's testing is scientific.

Last edited by Lothar5150; 10-07-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Lothar5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #25
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

may have played out already Joe, Bruce and I have stated what we think - and why
no big deal, and nothing new as it is exactly the same issue as JoeMac (sp ?) raised
I just get huffy at flack from unfounded aspersions motivated by commercial interest
I'm transparent, someone else does it and I'll probably bite the same bait the same way
hi ho