Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
SlipoftheKnife
Cooling Neophyte

Default All That's Left is Filling With Coolant

Okay so I've asked a bunch of questions and I've come up with some good ideas, I think. And now all I've got to do is drain the loop and fill it up with coolant. I went with a D-Tek Fuzion waterblock for my Opteron 180 socket 939 on an Asus A8NSLI-Deluxe motherboard. I know it's outdated technology. It took a little while longer than I had wanted this project to. Thinking about updating SOON. There are also two GeForce 8800GTS' with 512mb that I've put Swiftech MCW60-R2's. Inside the case I used a piece of 2" PVC "Y" pipe for a reservoir. I used 1/2" ID Tygon tubing connecting everything with compression fittings (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bi1cofifor3o.html). I HIGHLY suggest using these. In my opinion they make everything so much easier. The loop is powered by a Swiftech MCP655 and it is cooled with a Black Ice X-flow stealth GTS 360 radiator. There are three Scythe Ultra Kaze DFS123812H-3000's (http://www.crazypc.com/products/kaze-58465.html) bolted to the top of the chasis using 90*brackets I made out of some scrap aluminum strips from work. The system also includes a Koolance Thermal Management system (http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=797). I had to wait FOREVER for that board to come out. There are five inline water temp sensor placed coming out of the radiator, coming out of the CPU, then coming from the first GPU followed by second GPU, and finally going into the radiator. These blocks from Koolance (http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...product_id=738) make things a HELL of a lot easier especially when using the Bitspower compression fiitings. Oh yeah there is also a Koolance flow meter to boot. I bought stick on heat sinks for the two 8800GTS' but the adhesive backing stuck like shit and pretty much all but two or three fell off the two video cards. Thinking about not getting any replacements, what do you guys think? Do I need them or nah? It's all being powered by a BFG 850 watt power supply. I have no plan to overclock like crazy. Maybe just a little. I have the loop filled at the moment with distilled water. Running it for the leak test. It's been off and on for the past two days. Turning it off when I'm not around to watch it. Using an old power supply I had around the ol homestead. I hooked up the thermal management software to my laptop, it connects via USB so I can get the temperatures with no load on the system. It is running at 23C with no heat for any of the processors and a flow rate of 1.12 gallons a minute. Tomorrow I will drain the system afd fill it with PC Ice coolant. Does the coolant really matter? Fesser One, PC Ice, others... Don't forget the cold cathode UV lights that will be installed as well. Oh yeah and the LG Blu-Ray burner. Pics tomorrow when it's all done and filled with sweet glowing coolant and UV lights to make it glow
SlipoftheKnife is offline   Reply With Quote