Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 08-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
thebyp
Cooling Neophyte

Default Snap 1000 network access problems

Hi all.

Hope you all have been keeping well since my last visit here when you helped me with my snal problems then (thanks again), hopefully you can help me with this problem.

About a week agao i powered down the snap server (from the control panel) as my mum was staying in the room where the snap lives (apprantly it was to noisey!).

However i have now come to power it back up, and cannot access it as i normally do as a mapped drive accross the network. infact it will not access at all in windows networking. The strange thing is that i can access it from the same computer using the browser interface, and also via ftp.

What is even more strange is that i can access the drive normally via my laptop (running xp home sp2) and via my mac.

Nothing has changed in the network setup, it simply seems to be this one computer (my main one as it happens) that can no longer see the Snap server inwindows networking, under the workgroup.

The culprit pc is also running windows xp home, and is connected directly to my router with an ethernet connection. I can access the internet normally.

Any help is of course appriciated and will be rewarded with a virtual beer
thebyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Snap access problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebyp
Hi all.

Hope you all have been keeping well since my last visit here when you helped me with my snal problems then (thanks again), hopefully you can help me with this problem.

About a week agao i powered down the snap server (from the control panel) as my mum was staying in the room where the snap lives (apprantly it was to noisey!).

However i have now come to power it back up, and cannot access it as i normally do as a mapped drive accross the network. infact it will not access at all in windows networking. The strange thing is that i can access it from the same computer using the browser interface, and also via ftp.

What is even more strange is that i can access the drive normally via my laptop (running xp home sp2) and via my mac.

Nothing has changed in the network setup, it simply seems to be this one computer (my main one as it happens) that can no longer see the Snap server inwindows networking, under the workgroup.

The culprit pc is also running windows xp home, and is connected directly to my router with an ethernet connection. I can access the internet normally.

Any help is of course appriciated and will be rewarded with a virtual beer

3 things to look at.

1st. Check and make sure your firewall is not blocking it.

2nd. Make sure you have SSDP Discovery Service is running. Located under Admin tools/ services.

3. Check you mapping, the server may had come up on a different IP address.

David
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
re3dyb0y
Cooling Savant

Have you got assist?

As that will help you find it!
re3dyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote