Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #26
compro
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Direct Heat Spreader Cooler

My e4400 idles at about 28c but when running prime it does go up near 50 no overclock, I always that the difrence was a bit extream.

Thats with vary good air cooling, but the clamp is not atched.
compro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 06:49 AM   #27
billbartuska
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Direct Heat Spreader Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict
/offtopic

(I have some serious bendage going on with my mobo). I'm also wondering if that bending of the motherboard is causing poor contact for my hsf and processor

When I took the HSF off a week ago to test a different processor, I found that only a small sliver of the processor's arctic silver was actually disturbed/used.
The "bendage" itself isn't causing the problem. The CPU doesn't bend. Though the bending may be causing the HS to contact something on the motherboard and thus not seat properly. Yes, the thingey of the bottom of the motherboard is there to prevent the bending.

The poor TIM contact is likely the cause of your heat problem. The rapid rise in temps is typical of poor HS/CPU contact. Have a very close look at the HS and see if it's hitting something.
Two Opticals and 120 gigs (w/28gigs in RAID0) on 4 Maxstors
billbartuska is offline   Reply With Quote