Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #26
Dawgdoc
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: 1st Time WCer

Bah....thats what I thought

Gonna be very very tough filling that thing where it is in my case. I guess Ill just stick with filling at the res.

Hey.....here is a thought.

I am running Coretemp 97.1 with a Tjmax of 100 instead of 85.

So are my CPU temps actually 15C cooler than I have been quoting??
Dawgdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #27
Dawgdoc
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: 1st Time WCer

Ok guys. I did some minor modification of the loop last night by:

1. Remounted FuZion to improve CPU temps. Enclosed is a pic of the ceramique on the FuZion and the Q6600 after I pulled it off. perhaps a tad on the heavy side, but a good spread. Well, maybe a tad more than a tad heavy hehe

2. Moved the res to on of the 5.25 bays so it wasnt picking up heat off of the PSU. I touched the bottom of the res while it was running in its original spot, and it was indeed hot. In the process I moved the pump to a slight different area which I felt was a little bit better as far as getting air out of it.

3. Changed the fan direction to suck fresh air in from the top of the case and through the PA 120.3. I also switched the 2 existing case fans to exhaust, and added an extra 120mm exhaust fan on the floor of the case.

4. While I was in there, I did a tad bit of wire management. Nothing big, but since I am replacing the fans on the rad anyhow I am waiting to sleeve everything and make it neat and tidy. I can always go back and do more later

After all of this work, my temps are as follows.

CPU idle: 38/37/35/34 (was 44/44/42/42)
CPU load: 60/60/58/58 (was 68/68/63/63) load applied with P95 small FFT

GPU idle: 35 (was 40)
GPU load; 38 (was 45) load applied with 20X loop of 3D01 Nature.

Definitely an improvement, but IMHO I think that the CPU temps still need some work. The thing that I feel helped the most with temps was redirecting the fans to bring fresh air in, as opposed to exhaust hot air out.

I have a PA 120.3 fan shroud as well as 8X Yate Loon 120mm D12SH-12 fans from Petras (top performers according to the XS fan guide) and will replace my cruddy Antec tricools and add the shroud which will hopefully help further.

I also plan on an additional remount of the CPU either tonight or tomorrow, but what else can I do to help improve those CPU temps? Im still more than 30C below TJmax, but I still want to get better temps.

PS - on the agenda tonight is a voltmod on the GTS G92 and then pushing that sucker to see what I can max 24/7 it at

Thanks again guys and any additional input always appreciated!!!

Dawgdoc is offline   Reply With Quote