Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-03-2002, 09:46 AM   #1
ItsSoLARGE
Cooling Savant

Default Most GPH for the buck?

Well I've caught the folding bug and I plan on setting up a bunch of headless folding boxen and I want to watercool them. I want to try and use one or two pumps for 5-6 cpus. What pumps have the most gph bang for the buck? I was thinking of the higher Danner Mag Drive (I think 1200gph) if it two loud and big maybe two 700s.
Anyways thanks in advance....
Unread 08-03-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Errr... I think that if you are going to cool 5 or 6 CPUs, that you can afford to go for the IWAKI pumps.

We've had a discussion like this before, about cooling multiple comps... I believe that the conclusion was that multiple small pumps was best, but I don't remember why... Either way, if that's the case, you can buy Rio pumps in bulk
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2002, 11:08 AM   #3
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

http://www.puddleandpond.com/nursery_pro_pumps.htm

Try the NPU1000 or NPU1500.

http://www.puddleandpond.com/nursery_pro_pumps.htm

They are a bit pricey (you should be able to find them up to $40-60 elsewhere), but they will definitely do the job. The numbers that NurseryPro advertises for flow rates and head pressure are understated by quite a bit. I'm running a NPU500 and it gives massive flow in a single CPU system that narrows to 3/8" in places. These are designed for 3/8" use ... I'm sure they'll fit the bill. Plus, they come with a 3yr warranty (if I remember correctly) and are designed for constant heavy use. A pump this size, though, might be best used in a resivoir for extra cooling on it (a 90W pump can create a ton of heat). Anyway, I hope that helps.
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote