Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 09-27-2002, 05:27 AM   #1
dreamie
Cooling Neophyte

Default Conductive test: 2B, 4B, Arctic Silver 3 and Silver paste

*Sorry for the poor quality of the images. I cant find my digicam and had to use my webcam*

NOTE: Tests are carried out on a piece of non-conductive heatsink!

Here are the results:
2B: Non-conductive (No value changes on multimeter)
4B: Non-conductive (No value changes on multimeter)
Arctic Silver 3: Non-conductive/Conductive
CurcuitWorks Silver Conductive Paste: Conductive

2B: Non-conductive even under extreme circumstances. Probably due to the way it sticks on to the heatsink.

4B: Non-conductive even under extreme circumstances. Probably due to the way it sticks on to the heatsink.

Arctic Silver 3: Non-conductive when under normal testing circumstances. Conductive, with a resistance value of 1, which is the least my multimeter can detect, under extreme close distance of the 2 probes, with a distance of <0.1mm. I wonder if it is conductive between the heatsink/waterblock as the heatsinks/waterblocks are usually stuck with high pressure to the CPU die.

CurcuitWorks Silver Conductive Paste: Conductive, with the resistance level of 1. Excellent paste for bridging the bridges in the AMD CPUs as it is quite easy to apply, and hardens over time for a good connection.

Any comments on this? All experiments are done in dreamie Laboratory

NO animals were harmed when the experiment was taking place, except maybe for my neightbour's d-og??

Proprietary:
The information contained in this page is the sole property of dreamie. Any reproduction in part or in whole without the permission from dreamie is prohibited.

dreamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Comment: what was the purpose of this test? AS never claimed that their thermal paste was non-conductive, and given that it has silver in it, it's safe to assume that it is.

Were you trying to point out the importance of not using Arctic Silver anywhere on the CPU, except where it's meant to be?

Also, your meter should be reading 0 resistance, not 1.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote