Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 01-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Snap Happy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Snap 2000 1.x Update files?

Hello all....
I have an ancient Snap 2000 that I'm trying to update that has, believe it or not, version 1.x on it.
I have all the necc files to update it from 3.x to 4.x and such, but it seems I have to update it from 1.x to 2.x first. This apparently requires 2 files- updateBIOS.exe and UpdateSnap.exe which I can't find anywhere. The Upgrade notes and such conveniently tell me to download them from the Snap Appliance site..which does nothing but link me to Adaptec- which is essentially useless.
If anyone has these files that they can email me, or send me a link to, or tell me where to get, it would be *greatly* appreciated.
Thanks!!!!!
Snap Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
tempo345
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap 2000 1.x Update files?

Hi
I am also looking for Snap Server 2200 OS and Bios Update, can anyone help!!!!!!. I have an FTP server,
ftp://test:test@62.255.176.162
if someone can upload the OS and Bios Update it will be great help............
I have new drives as old ones have crashed and I have got lights blinking every sec system(once) and Disk(twice) .....
Cheers......
tempo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
2monty
Cooling Neophyte

Hi,
I am still looking for the same files, have been for a few months. I need the exact files as Snap Happy. I have an old Meridian Snap and am looking to get 2 120gb drives into it, nothing more.

Thanks,
Mike
2monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
blue68f100
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempo345
Hi
I am also looking for Snap Server 2200 OS and Bios Update, can anyone help!!!!!!. I have an FTP server,
I have new drives as old ones have crashed and I have got lights blinking every sec system(once) and Disk(twice) .....
Cheers......
Sorry, I don't no of any BIOS updates for the 2200. You may have to deal with Adaptec/SnapAppliance tech support for that one.

I don't know your reason for updating the bios in a 2200. If your bios version is > 2 it should support large disk with v4 OS.

David
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
blue68f100
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempo345
Hi
Cheers......
The blinking light mean that the Snap server does not have an IP address. If you replaced both drives you have lost your OS. IF it was in raid 1 install one back in, to recover.

David
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote