Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
bodyrocka03
Cooling Neophyte

New to Water/Liquid Cooling, Help with Set-up

Hey everyone! I’m new to the forums here so forgive me if I’m posting incorrectly. I haven’t built a rig in about 5 years so I’m a little slow when it comes to the new tech in some areas. Hence the reason why I have a few questions about liquid cooling and my set-up I have en-route. First off, my rig consists of the following:

CASE: HAF 932
MOBO: MSI Big Bang X-Power X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
MEM: G.SKILL PI + Turbulence II 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) 6-9-6-24
HDD: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0gbs (SSD in the near future for boot)
GPU: EVGA GTX 480 Super Clocked
OPTICAL: LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner SATA
PSU: Corsair TX850W
LIQUID COOLING:
CPU BLOCK: XSPC Delta V3 (Acetal)
GPU BLOCK: EK-FC480 GTX
RES and PUMP: X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump (750 ml/hr)
RAD: Black Ice GTX 480 Extreme
OTHER: NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller (controls 5 fans, will do each fan in case individually controlled, then all 4 rad fans on one)

My question is, will this setup be sufficient to cool both the CPU and GPU? I planned on the rotation being set up like so: pump/res cpugpuradpump/res. Any other suggestions? Also, does anyone have any mounting solutions to this huge friggin rad? I work in metal fabrication so I thought about making a stand where I can mount the rad on the bottom, or possibly fabricate a mount for the back of the case.

Any help would be great!!!
bodyrocka03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Re: New to Water/Liquid Cooling, Help with Set-up

Air cooling would have been sufficient. I think you have the setup pretty well figured out and it should cool it all off just fine. As for rad placement I don't like the back of the computer because the PSU and case fans outlet there and you have all your connectors plugged in there (unless you can mount it sideways). Rads a the hardest part to fit. Good luck.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote