Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-09-2002, 01:49 PM   #26
SCompRacer
Cooling Neophyte

It shouldn't be too hard to find a place to anodize aluminum. It's usually done by weight with a minimum, which is around $50 - $75. Only way to get it cheaper is knowing someone that waives the minimum for you.
SCompRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 04:22 PM   #27
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Hey all, THANKS a ton for all the replys/ideas... I went and got all the supplies: extra 1/2 tubing, brass/nylon 1/2 nips, 1x3" PVC extender tube w/ 1"Cap... 89mm x 80mm PVC pipe and had some spare plexi laying around... But I've made some changes, since everything I plan on building, ends up not working out off paper!!! (I hate that!) So the stuff in RED are the changes made from the original idea. I've yet to start building it, but I cut some copper tubing etc and will get started tonight/tomorrow morning(right! lol!)

***Note*** If you do not have a pipe-cutter and are cutting w/ a hack-saw...NO NO NO! It took me about 10sec to cut a copper tube w/ the cutter, compared to like 5min w/ hacksaw, plus I didn't end up with a straight cut either ... anyhow... the problem with the current "T" set up is that I've got the flow going: Pump---CPU---RAD---RES---Pump etc... well, I've found that my little 28W Via 1300 dumps an ENORMOUS amount of heat into the system, then that directly goes to the CPU... not to mention it's annoyingly loud HUmmmmmmmmmmmmm MMmmmMMmmmm I hate this pump! Plus the "T" get's in the way of my Mobo's Vcore/Smbus and just about all the other out of date jumpers I'm always fiddling around with. WIth this new Res, I'm going to change the following:

1) Flow to: Pump---Res---RAD---CPU
2) The 120mm will suck in air as opposed to it's blowing in now.
3) Res at the top of case to free up space at the bottom
4) Lil' eye-candy at the top blow hole where the Res and LED will be placed.
5)Pump will be moved and mounted on some sort of ghetto anti-vibration stand, I'm going to check and see of the shaft is bent, cause it's not as quiet as people claim it is?...

Okay, that's about it for my babbling... hopefully this will be a quick and non-messy job... I've got to go out a consume a few beverages tonight... WHooP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pvc reservior_pt.2.jpg (54.0 KB, 46 views)
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2002, 04:48 PM   #28
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by webmedic
He isn't but he knows allot of people around this town. He's even been over to my shop.
Not only can I not anodize but I can't make anything as big as a res with my little mill. I got a work area of 6" left to right and 3" in and out and maybe 1.5" deep with metal. Not nearly enough for anything that large. I bought the mill to work with 2"-3" wide material only. I will be looking for anodizing shops later this year. I developed a simple yet very efficent water block that will easily keep up with anything on the market ( and then some ) and it is aluminum to boot. If I can get them anodized and work out a few other small details I may start selling a few this winter when my regular job slows down. Thats all I am going to say about that though.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote