Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 07-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Jury
Cooling Neophyte

Default Swiftec TEC blocks

I have been reading these forums/site for about 2 months now, but have yet to post so here goes.

I want to create a peltier cooled water cooling system, but I am unsure what to buy to start. I am really leaning towards swiftech blocks, but I want to save some money to begin with by buying the MCW 5000-P and the MCW 50-T off the bat, then adding the TEC and cold plate to the processor later. This way I dont need a dedicated power supply right away, and I can spend more money on ram.

My question is, should I go without the TEC on the graphics card to begin with and wait to add both TEC's later? I know that the extra heat from the TEC would make the water in the system run hotter, but would it really make a huge difference to my CPU cooling especially with my plans to add the dedicated power supply and CPU TEC in the next 2 months or so anyway?

I hope to run an ABIT IC7G or IS7G (need to see a few more reviews first) with a P4 2.4C, and a Radeon 9800 if that helps your answers.

Thanks for your responses in advance, and for the most intelligent cooling forum on the web.
Jury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
winewood
Cooling Savant

PM me about a Meanwell powersupply for that TEC. I have an extra one.

IF you are going with performance gains... you will have to have suitable ram in your system regardless. Fast ram for overclock, and if your ram is meager on your system, it perhaps the cheapest, best upgrade for speed anyway.

I see no need personally on a system to OC the graphics unless your are heavily OC'ing the cpu first. Todays Graphics procs are waiting on the procs to catch up.
Unread 07-15-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
Animal982
Cooling Neophyte

From looking at the online store portion of SwiftTechs site it doesnt look like they sell a coldplate for the MCW5000 seperately like they do for the MCW462. I am sure you could probably make a coldplate easily enough but if you definately plan to upgrade to the TEC later on you might just want to save the little extra now and just get the TEC block so that you wont have to take the time to manufacture your own coldplate later down the road.
Animal982 is offline   Reply With Quote