Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 07-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #1
CNYC
Cooling Neophyte

Default Funding for forum Radiator/TEC produced product

Hello All,

I've decided to get really serious about producing an all in one product similar to the Exos Koolance. After speaking with a few engineers the conclusion is that a combination radiator/tec device would be the best solution. This would allow the user to easily change waterblocks as the sockets change and cases since it is an external device with its own powersupply.

I've pledged funding in the amount of $100,000 to get the project moving. I can be reached at andrewso@nyc.rr.com and via phone if you e-mail me.

I would like to produce something that is not so industrial looking. The plan is to get this to be the first major watercooling win in the OEM market. The external enclosure should look like something produced by FA Porsche or Bang and Olufsen or even Sony.

Lets put our heads together. Custom radiator, TEC, Inline pump etc. Hopefully we can get going and I will have the forum's support.

Best Regards,

Andrew
CNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

That's a hefty chunk!

So you're thinkng about a radiator that's watercooling a pelt?

The obvious question for me, is why would I freely contibute anything to something I know is going to turn into a commercial endeavor?

I also sense that the product esthetics could be more important than the performance, but maybe it's more in the spirit of a racing car, where form and function match. Which is it?

As with any business, you have to have a plan. Part of it includes knowing who your target client is. Personallly, from what I've seen, there are people out there that are willing to spend a lot of money on a nice performance, but most are just looking for a cheap way to do it themselves. So my question becomes: How do you propose to market this product?

I'll e-mail you my e-mail addy.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 09:16 PM   #3
CNYC
Cooling Neophyte

I want to make an asthetically beautiful product. The Race car example is a great comparison.

I want to have both actually, How about cooling down the hot water coming from the cpu waterblock using a radiator as in a a traditional high performance all in one cooling unit such as the Koolance Exos or Corsair Hydrocool. We can have the pelt turn on at a flip of a switch. The pelt can add extra performance.

The pelt would be cooled by the same radiator as the one cooling the water from the CPU waterblock, however it is in it's own loop so the water only mixes on the hot side, the cooler water coming out of the radiator would split in two directions one to the hot side of the pelt and the other to the cold side where it will get colder.

This type of unit should at least beat the others by a degree or three or maybe more. It's just a little added performance which of course will ultimately make it the best performing and looking all in one unit.

Thats the goal, and of course in order to market to the OEM's you have to have a high quality retail looking product, hence an aluminum shell, graphite whatever looks great and would be something a hardcore user would want or the performance oriented person whose parents would only buy them a Dell.

In regards to your input, at the end of the day we get to see a finished product that we made, and of course you would get a cut of the company that would be setup to distribute the product.

Best Regards,

Andrew
CNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Fair enough, let's take it to e-mail.

edit: oops, Yahoo is having "hicups"... 'til tmo!

Last edited by bigben2k; 07-22-2003 at 11:05 PM.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote