Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #301
Jag
Cooling Savant

As far as i could see, the block in question is the one in the picture, called Masterfreezer1- MI, so no central inlet:http://www.com-tra.de/img/p/06547_o.jpg

As for the inlet on the reservoir, you're right, its position is bad, in my opinion it should be higher.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #302
mad mikee
Cooling Savant

Default I see another thing for marci or cathar to make a killing on

Or Swiftech, etc. A res out of clear or Delrin w/ clear cap as a replacement for teh top of the mcp350/ddc? I would buy one and I think it would make money... :shrug:
DFI ULTRA D (SLI Modded just because) 4200 x2 @ ~ 10 x 260 /1.49 Vcore , G5 + PA160 + 150mm Papst@5V + Maze 4 GPU + mcp350. Temp 36-37(load-2 x D20L) 2x1GB Ballistix PC4000, x800xl 256m, 74G rap + 160G Hitachi SATA , 21" mit/nec 1920x1440 Crt + 19 Neovo F-419 1280x1024 LCD, OCZ Powerstream 600

Hers: (my beloved who lets me do all this)
LianLi PCV1000, SD3700 @ 9x300, 1GB GBLA, 250+ 120 SATA, X700pro, 19" Neovo F-419 LCD, another OCZ 600
mad mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #303
Happy Hopping
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkoure
I know what 1046 and 1048 Eheim pumps sound like - which made the pump sound recording in that cooling-masters article very useful.
I just read this old thread, and find the above file very useful. Does anyone knows how close the mic was when it record the noise?

Or a better question is, most of us are several feet from the computer, can we still hear it? If so, I guess I can live w/ the noise of the 1048, which seems lowest.

Is there any other WMV files like this for other pump's comparison?
Happy Hopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #304
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hopping
Does anyone knows how close the mic was when it record the noise?
As I remember, the thread that contained this, over at cooling-masters had a pretty full description of how they got the measurement. It was in French - on-line translators are your friends...

Quote:
Or a better question ...several feet from the computer, can we still hear it?
I haven't heard one, but from reports it is not inaudible, even inside a case and a couple of feet away. I suspect it will at least be louder than your 1048.
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #305
Happy Hopping
Cooling Neophyte

I can trasnlate via altavista just fine, but that link only shows a WMF file. There is no link of any original text.

Is there a library with more WMV of the most popular pump for e.g. swiftech?
Unread 07-18-2005, 08:27 AM   #306
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Here's the review at cooling-masters (auto-translated to English by Google)
IMHO, the enclosing box is a reasonable attempt to exclude external noises - as is simply squeezing the output hose gradually in order to record the sound variation with change in resistance ( for example, Iwakis at no-resistance are, to my ears at least, somewhat loud - but get quieter with more resistance).
I'd hope that whoever did these recordings still has the "box" and is at least thinking about updating with the c-systems mag - in fact they may have: I was semi-fluent in French - but over thirty years ago, so reading cooling-masters stuff goes pretty slowly for me and there may have been additional recordings made that I just missed / didn't get to.

I'm now thinking I should build one of these boxes for myself: I've started a separate thread about building a sound enclosure so as to avoid having two divergent discussions in this one.

Last edited by bobkoure; 07-18-2005 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added link to separate thread on sound enclosure
Unread 07-19-2005, 12:47 AM   #307
Happy Hopping
Cooling Neophyte

Hey, thank you, I really appreciate this.
Unread 07-19-2005, 07:15 AM   #308
HammerSandwich
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkoure
I haven't heard one, but from reports it is not inaudible, even inside a case and a couple of feet away.
My DDC is absolutely inaudible through the case, and this is easily demonstrated because it's hooked up to my fan controller. My case is heavily damped, and the ambient is low: replacing a Seasonic Super Silencer's stock fan made the system noticeably quieter. Perhaps I got a golden pump sample.
Unread 07-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #309
Happy Hopping
Cooling Neophyte

compares to the WMV file link above, which of those pump matches the quiet level of your pump?
Unread 07-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #310
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

The problem with the WMV file is that if you don't have one of the reference pumps on hand (like a 1046 or 1048) it's hard/impossible to get your PC speakers set so that the the volume you hear matches the volume that was recorded.
Unread 07-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #311
JWFokker
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerSandwich
My DDC is absolutely inaudible through the case, and this is easily demonstrated because it's hooked up to my fan controller. My case is heavily damped, and the ambient is low: replacing a Seasonic Super Silencer's stock fan made the system noticeably quieter. Perhaps I got a golden pump sample.
What did you replace the Super Silencer's fan with? I thought they used the 1000rpm Yate Loon fans, which was about the quietest you can buy.
JWFokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2005, 11:43 PM   #312
HammerSandwich
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWFokker
What did you replace the Super Silencer's fan with? I thought they used the 1000rpm Yate Loon fans, which was about the quietest you can buy.
I suspect you're thinking of the Super Tornado, which uses a medium-speed YL 120. OTOH, my Silencer came with a 3000rpm SuperRed 80. These fans have somewhat ticky ball bearings. I now have a good L1A, running from the PSU's internal fan controller, which should supply roughly 5V for my load. Lots of info about my system can be found here.