Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 12-02-2003, 10:33 PM   #1
swarprix0r
Cooling Neophyte

Default Rub Out?

Hi again. I FINALLY found my 2000-grit sandpaper, after many, many stores. The final thing I was wondering about was what kind of rubout you should use for polishing the case to the mirror finish? I purchased Meguiars 'Mirror Glaze 9: Swirl Remover 2.0' because this was the lightest cut rubbing? compound they had. Will this work? or should I get something different? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated as I am nearing the end of my case modding for my FIRST CUSTOM CASE/COMPUTER, and soon to be Watercooled system. All my parts, cpu, mobo, vid card, mem, EVERYTHING is on the way from www.newegg.com. I'm PSYCHED.
Thanks for all your help you guys, I'm sure Ill be back soon though
Josh
swarprix0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2003, 03:52 PM   #2
Tempus
Cooling Savant

I'm not a big fan of rubbing compounds for lapping. I'm assuming thats what you are talking about. You are now adding more low thermal conductivity to the mix. A mirror shine isn't very necessary.

Also, you can get 2000 and 3000 grit sand paper at most Walmarts in the automotive section. Discovered that little gem a while back.
Unread 12-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
rocketmanx
Cooling Savant

Go to your local NAPA or paint supplier, they'll ge you what you need and tell you how to use it.
As touchy as rubbing out paint can be (easy to burn it) I'd probably go with hand rubbing. It's a lot less likely to ruin the paint.
rocketmanx is offline   Reply With Quote