Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #101
Brad
Thermophile

what sort of pump is running through it? You may want to test with a big powerful pump, because it mightn't leak with your pump, but with extra pressure, you may have problems
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #102
futRtrubL
Cooling Savant

Actually for o-rings and gaskets increased pressure seems to help seal. The pressure firmly holds them in place. I do underwater photography and I've only had water (a few drops) enter my camera while snorkelling and not when diving. Many other photographers have noted the same thing.

Edward
futRtrubL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #103
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
what sort of pump is running through it? You may want to test with a big powerful pump, because it mightn't leak with your pump, but with extra pressure, you may have problems
i am using a 170GPH pump and the block is directly hookd to it with about 5" of hose and nothing else so it is getting some pressure. I still don't 100% trust it though as I think it may seep through the material over time. I am going to try and find some rubber sheet type material. I think rubber is the ultimate solutuion.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #104
Brad
Thermophile

seriously, I'd try to get hold of a more powerful pump. A lot of people run with over 400gph, which may cause leaks.
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #105
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
seriously, I'd try to get hold of a more powerful pump. A lot of people run with over 400gph, which may cause leaks.
Yeah I got a 500gph pump I will use to test in the future. I need to round up the proper adapters to make it work though. I am slightly concerned about it blowing out the side with higher pressure. I am pretty sure a rubber one will not.
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:25 PM   #106
Brad
Thermophile

well, if it does, at least you have tried with a higher powered pump.

it'd be a pain if you had to take some back when people used high powered pumps with your blocks
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:38 PM   #107
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
well, if it does, at least you have tried with a higher powered pump.

it'd be a pain if you had to take some back when people used high powered pumps with your blocks
Yeah no kidding. I am far from actually selling them though. Lot farther behind than I hoped to be but it has been well worth it in learning experiences.

Another thing I am going to do once I get the final design figured out is air pressure test it. that way I will know what kind of PSI it can handle.