Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-15-2002, 06:49 PM   #101
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Volenti

I'm temporally using a heatercore while I build my new case(yes another one)

I'm using a pump rated at 2000L/H (532GPH) and getting in system 750L/H (200GPH) the block you've already seen.

P4 1.8a@2.5 1.69v

water 25.8c (senfu probe)

idle 36c
load 39c

kind of get the impression that the limiting factor is the core to heatspreader interface, thoughts?

note; the water-idle-load temp differences stay pretty well constant , ie; if the water's 15c the cpu is 25c idle, 28c load ect.
You're temps are a little higher than mine and your vcore is lower hmmm.... It could just be your rad is not as efficient as mine along with a slower flow rate. Our difference in idle load is equal and I must say your processor is exceptional compared to mine for equaling the same speed at a lower vcore. (I measured 540 gph through pump and block only at a 3 ft ht.) Of course I can tell my heatercore is slowing it down a bit and I am running less than 3ft. height but I haven't measure that yet.
What are your thoughts?
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #102
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Yea I lucked out on the cpu to a certain degree, I've had it to close to 2.6 but needed the water to be under 22c for that to be stable, so I knocked it back a bit. Your block is quite a bit larger than mine, and you have double my flow rate, so yours had better be getting lower temps. I'm running a 15L res, so those temps are related to the water temp before it got the chance to heat up the water. I don't fold or anything (shame on me) so my cpu is idle most of the time.

so what was your coolant to load delta? mines 13c, if from the data in your earlier post (30c water, 45c load) you have a delta of 15 with a higher V-core, that sounds about right.That data still correct?

[edit] the way I see it, is that we're both getting close to the limit of what can be done with straight water, we either have to chill the water, or try and reduce the delta between the water and cpu, I'm tempted to try direct die but I'm too chicken at this stage, add to that that I think the cpu-heatspreader interface may be the limiting factor...[/edit]

Last edited by Volenti; 06-15-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Volenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 03:23 AM   #103
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Another factor which is not considered here is that my pump has an 87watt ouput which is far hotter than an eheim or similar, what I'm trying to say is that my pump adds much more heat to the circulatory system than the average pump used in overclocking. How am I going to figure this into a rating?
Unread 06-16-2002, 04:49 AM   #104
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Another factor which is not considered here is that my pump has an 87watt ouput which is far hotter than an eheim or similar, what I'm trying to say is that my pump adds much more heat to the circulatory system than the average pump used in overclocking. How am I going to figure this into a rating?
while the input heat from the pump is a factor in overall system performance, it really has no impact on how well the block it's self works, that's why I didn't list an ambient temp with my data, just the water and idle/load, the only ones relavant to block performance. Cooling the water after the block is a seperate issue.

Billa would probably argue with me on this but I've chilled my water down to 10c and let it heat up to 35c and I still mantain the same water/idle/load deltas.
Unread 06-16-2002, 11:47 AM   #105
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Volenti

while the input heat from the pump is a factor in overall system performance, it really has no impact on how well the block it's self works, that's why I didn't list an ambient temp with my data, just the water and idle/load, the only ones relavant to block performance. Cooling the water after the block is a seperate issue.

Billa would probably argue with me on this but I've chilled my water down to 10c and let it heat up to 35c and I still mantain the same water/idle/load deltas.
The pump is always adding a percentage of heat and affecting the delta. I do not see how it is not a factor especially since mine is adding much more than ones used in most published results you see on the web. It's almost like adding a second processor to the loop but with zero resistance to flow.
Unread 06-16-2002, 06:48 PM   #106
morphling1
Cooling Savant

Heat added to the water by pump is affecting the delta T, but only because it's influating water temperature and here come in the radiator, to dump that heat, but for evaluating block performance you need constant water temps of X, and constant flow of Y, if you can assure that, then you can talk how different blocks perform. Of course higher water temp just makes higher idle/load temps, delta T is the same for particular water block.
morphling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2002, 03:49 PM   #107
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

360gph I just got around to doing a flow test on my custom built watercooling and it takes 10 seconds to fill a gallon ice cream pail this is with everything hooked up in the loop, block, res, pump, heatercore. Here's a pic of the custom test bucket I had to make to do the test with everything hooked up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowtest.jpg (28.7 KB, 134 views)
Unread 06-24-2002, 10:35 PM   #108
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Heh, impressive , you should make your self a twister, you have the flow rate for it, would be cool with the 4 outlets from the block creating it

I recon you could do one about 8-10'' in dia, and 20 or so inches high with that kind of flow.
Unread 06-25-2002, 03:02 AM   #109
Brad
Thermophile

360gph in the system with all the equipment is definately a high flow rate. With a flow rate like that I doub't you'll see any differance in temperatures with the pump making 87w

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:42 PM   #110
Vector86
Cooling Savant

WOW, this is a big thread
Vector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 11:22 PM   #111
Slipknot
Cooling Neophyte

Ever thought about selling one of your blocks, or possbily making an AMD block for a fan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2002, 12:48 PM   #112
Vector86
Cooling Savant

id buy 1 of your blocks

how much would ya sell it fo?
Vector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2002, 04:19 PM   #113
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

I'd be not telling the truth if I said the thought never crossed my mind But let's not put the cart before the horse, I need more copper first and it's on its way
Unread 06-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #114
Slipknot
Cooling Neophyte

Nice to know there may be hope. Just let me know if you really want to sell one. I'ce be intrested in your AL or CU design. Both are extremely professional looking.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote