Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 07-07-2002, 12:33 AM   #26
nemaste
Cooling Neophyte

This post is excellent reading material.

take it easy...
nemaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2002, 06:46 AM   #27
Wayne Harrow
Cooling Neophyte

No after all this time i switched back to my AX-7 and it turns out it wasent condensation that was giving me these problems it must be somthing to do with the motherboard cause im still gettign them with aircooling! Thanks to all thoses who helped
Crucial 2100 DDR
Radeon 8500
Wayne Harrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #28
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Ok, so something in your system is not stable then?

What I do in thoce cases is this:
remove all peripheral cards. Rub off the connections with a pencil eraser. This removes the oxide or whatever deposits, which can sometimes cause intermittnet connections. Make sure that you don't put your fingers on those connectors.

Do the same with the ram. Make sure that it is seated firmly.

That alone usually fixes most of my problems. The next step is cleaning the mobo. That dust everywhere can cause random currents to flow everywhere, especially with static buildup. Clean with a soft brush.

After that, if there's still a problem, then I start suspecting a faulty component, typically a VC or HD. I'll swap the VC for an old one and check it out. I've used mostly ATI cards in my systems, and for some reason, they all seem to start crapping out on me, over time. I should probably try reloading the drivers, and updating them, but most of the time, I'm in a rush, so I just step back the GPU to minimal acceleration, and everything is kosher again.

HDs are harder to deal with. Either they work, or they don't, and it can't really be swapped without a full re-install of the OS. I typically try leaving it alone in the system, by disconnecting the CD-rom completely.

Given more time, I'd use some benchmarks, but I don't, so I don't.

Let us know.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2002, 08:24 AM   #29
Hallis
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by nemaste
This post is excellent reading material.

take it easy...
Oh i definately agree, BigBen and Wayne have provided me with much information and a little better understanding of TEC cooling. hmm,, makes me not so scared of it after all. Wayne i may chat you up on some of that.. oh and BTW. Jason you did sortof come off as an @$$ on that earlier post.. lol but it made for a good laugh. Oh do you still have that Maze3 combo??
Hallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 07:36 PM   #30
decodeddiesel
Cooling Savant

Indeed, good trouble shooting skills bigben. I can tell you from experiance they can often be difficult to narrow down faults. Usually it is a pressure issue as was the case here, but thats not always the case.
but i'll never be top of the line again
...i'd rather be nothing...
decodeddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 07:39 AM   #31
Hallis
Cooling Savant

Decoded,, never see you in chat anymore,, I've been poping car trunks looking for your corpse. lol. you have applied pelt experience? email me. shane13@gte.net
Hallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 09:41 AM   #32
decodeddiesel
Cooling Savant

Hallis, been on a little vacation with Uncle Sam for the past month. Kinda why I haven't been around.

Yeah I have a good deal of TEC experience...156 watters mainly, but I've experienced the ugly side of em. I've had my machine go to complete thermo-electro-melt down before due to a pump failure. Long story, but it sucked.
but i'll never be top of the line again
...i'd rather be nothing...
decodeddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote