Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 11-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Default Help: Push-to-connect Hose Fittings

Can these be used with Clearflex 60 reliably? Has anybody had much luck with them? Are they a real leak risk, or do you risk the tubing falling out?

Here is what I'm looking at:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jg29.jpg (10.4 KB, 65 views)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
mo
Cooling Savant

these kind of fittings actually have teeth inside that lock on to the tube... They are pretty foolproof as long as you get the right size for your tubing...

PS. is that for 5/8 OD or just 1/2 inch od? if 5/8 whered you find them!!!
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'm going to use 1/2" and tube/hose adapters instead of quick disconnects. In the end, it will do the same thing, but it'll be a little sexier. I quickly realized that there are no such thing as 3/4" or 5/8" sizes in these, dammit. *rrrrrrr*
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:04 PM   #4
mo
Cooling Savant

umm...I dont think they work that way.... I could be wrong.. But I think they are the equivalent to a barb to barb fitting...except its an OD connection... If you disconnect the tubing, the water will come gushing out

I DID find a different kind of barb though (only good with 3/4 OD minimum though) thats really good. doesnt need a hose clip... They're called push-connect barbs and you actually have to cut the hose and slice it around the barb to get rid of it.. Otherwise it wont budge.. The barbs are wider and and more pronounced and theres a ridge that the tubing settles under at the end...

Im hoping to get a bunch of those if I can leave early from the office sometime this week. The hose clamps are tearing away at the tygon tubing since its very soft:P
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I understand that the water will come gushing out. In the system I'm designing it will only take the flip of a valve to drain the system. This fitting will just make disconnecting that particular hose easy and painfree, and any small pockets of water that are left in the hose will be kept far away from my components (my systems will be cooled by an external unit).

Tip: wrap your hose in 3x layer of duct tape before putting the hose clamp on (just 1/2" wide or so). It keeps the sharp clamps from cutting your hose.
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #6
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

If duct tape is too ghetto, use some of the colored electricians tape you can get at auto parts stores.
Unread 11-15-2002, 05:56 PM   #7
mo
Cooling Savant

ooh. thanks for the tip.... I have just the thing... That will come in handy when I take everything apart this weekend.