Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 06-16-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
FRAGN'STIEN
Cooling Savant

Default I love camping

Well we just got back from a 3 day camping trip and we had alot fun. The river was real low this year so it made it hard to swim(we had to walk way out in the mud just to get to the water). It was great to get away from it all though. I'm nice and relaxed

Last edited by FRAGN'STIEN; 06-16-2002 at 03:44 PM.
FRAGN'STIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

camping, hehe. my friends & i used to camp in their backyard or on the beach (i was living in Hawaii at the time...only 50 yards from the beach! ). good fun; bonfires own ehhehe
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2002, 03:53 AM   #3
IronHelix

camping... you have to go outside for that, right?
Unread 06-17-2002, 10:04 AM   #4
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

well, not if you dont want to hehe. it just wouldnt be as fun
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #5
ksw
Cooling Savant

BAH! camping for 3 days isnt camping, campinmg is when you are playing an live RPG, preferably scifi rpg, and using a ****ing laserpointer sitting in a tent shooting ppl for 1 week
thats camping, and its f00kin funny too
Unread 06-19-2002, 12:13 AM   #6
FRAGN'STIEN
Cooling Savant

No camping is when you hike 10 miles in the national forest to get to a spot and camp for a week which is what I used to do but my kids are to young for that right now. I live in the panhandle of Idano (northern Idaho as we call it) and it's pretty much nothing but national forest. I could step out my back door, pitch a tent and be camping in the woods. I'm only a 10min drive from 6 different lakes here heck where we went camping was only 1/2 hour drive. It's a beautiful place to live
Unread 06-19-2002, 08:06 AM   #7
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally posted by FRAGN'STIEN
No camping is when you hike 10 miles in the national forest to get to a spot and camp for a week which is what I used to do but my kids are to young for that right now. I live in the panhandle of Idano (northern Idaho as we call it) and it's pretty much nothing but national forest. I could step out my back door, pitch a tent and be camping in the woods. I'm only a 10min drive from 6 different lakes here heck where we went camping was only 1/2 hour drive. It's a beautiful place to live
Here here!

The funniest thing that happened to me was when my cousin and I drove from Canada to Florida to go camping. The ranger told us to "cover up 'cause it'll be cold tonight!" (55F). Obviously he hadn't seen our license plate yet...

Also went winter camping while a scout. A unique experience!
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 04:12 PM   #8
Hixup
Cooling Neophyte

I miss camping! i used to go out many times every summer now its all gay... only camping i can do is in a video game.
512 DDR
radoen 9500 Soft Mod
Give Me Money
Hixup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 05:50 PM   #9
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

I am off camping for the 4th of july weekend. Out at the American LeMans race at Road America. I used to go camping every month of the year ( even winter.. case sub zero camping is the best camping there is). That was back when I was in Boy Scouts, once I got eagle scout I sorta moved on with life and just got busy with work and such. Only been out camping 3 times in the last 4 years.

The last time was at Ft. McCoy. An Army training base. There was a place where you could camp out in a on site park, it was ****ing awesome. There were squads of black hawks screaming over, M1A1 tanks rolling all over the place, we could kick back on a ridge and watch live fire testing of Tow Missles, Howitzers, M2 bradleys, M1's. By far the most interesting camping I have ever been on. I mean have you ever been woke up at 3:00am by artillery barrages? ( the impact range was 1 mile away, the range was 7 miles big so the impacts were most likely 4 or 5 miles away.. the concussion was sill loud enough to shake the tent!

me and my bud were in a mini van I took up there, and we were driving around on the Burma road that circles the impact range ( 14 mile drive) and half way we ended up getting stuck in the middle of a self propelled howitzer convoy to their firing point talk about fun.. driving wiht a howitzer 20 ft ahead of you, and the mussle of the one behind you only 20 ft back and looking in the back window

But those are all memorys for the past as you cant camp there anymore... after those ****ing arabs blew up the ****ing WTC and the world went on panic lock down... all military bases are now off limits to non enlisted personell.... ****ing Bin Laden.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2002, 11:48 PM   #10
FRAGN'STIEN
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k

Also went winter camping while a scout. A unique experience!
lol, I was a scout too and I remember those winter/snowmobile campouts.
Unread 06-20-2002, 01:44 PM   #11
gogo
Cooling Savant

Two summers ago I was to go on my first campout with the inlaws. I had to work late so I met them out there.

Having grown up with the "tent? wha' the f*K for, 'snot rainin' ", ya bring a change of clothes incase you get sick or somethin.

I get there, and there is an RV, gas stoves, a tv, and what I now call the armory. (bear are a problem up here). They looked at me real funny when I got out of the truck with just a sleeping bag, a backpack, and hickorystick.

I will, however, admit that, now that I'm older, not sleeping on the ground is really nice. I ain't goin back. I could do w/o the tv, though it was funny to be watching a DVD in the middle of the woods
Unread 06-20-2002, 01:55 PM   #12
ksw
Cooling Savant

God i love living in sweden some times.
Ever wondered how it would feel to just go out into the first best Non-military forest and just place your tent where you want to?
god it only felt soooo right camping in my neighbours yard when i was smaller, he was so funny when he came running out in the morning screaing something like "WTF HAVE YOU KIDS DONE?!?!?!??!!?" "GET OFF MY YARD!!!!" god i miss the boyscouts.....
i remember one time when we were training to exstinguis fire, we had an whole truck of "matereials" that wasnt suppos to be on fire.... god did linoleum .. or how you spell it .. smoked black thick foggy smoke.

god id do anything to be a scout again... if i hadnt got kicked out because i was to old and didnt want to be a scout leader.