Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-21-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
ntrsfrml
Cooling Neophyte

Default First WCing setup

hi all, i'm really tired off my SLK-900U/92mm Tornado fan(55dB )..so i have decided to take my first plunge into WCing..

I have some mixed feelings about my new setup and want your advice/comments/recommendatuions on this

Currently i'm running P4 2.6Ghz C @ 3.2Ghz rock stable at 1.7V on Asus P4C800 DLX. The booting temps are around ~ 37-40C and max. loads are 41-42C...

About my WCing setup, i have decided to go with a very simple setup for now.. I'll definatley upgrade, add/remove parts when i have enough money to move onto my next AMD64 project

Here is the setup:

DD Maze 4 block(I know this is very basic, RBX a better choice? can i use Y fitting with it? .. don't like three pipes sticking outta it..too complicated for me )
Ehiem 1250 Pump( or should i go with a smaller pump? )
DTek JR 120 heatercore with Shrouds
Vertical acrylic clear kind of. OR T-line setup?? ( still thinking about Bleed and fill thingy.. :shrug: )
Criticool Powerplant PCI Relay Switch (good choice?)
Clearflex 60 tubing
and other stuff...etc etc...

so what do you guys think?

Thanks
ntrsfrml is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
greenman100
Cooling Savant

TDX if you hate 3-barb
T-Line
and PM me about a relay, I'll build you one. If you go with the criticool, you'll have to cut the pump plug, voiding the warranty.

The GM100 Relay Review

everything else is good
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2004, 05:36 AM   #3
pauldenton
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
TDX if you hate 3-barb
or indeed swiftech mcw6002.... which'd make the changeover to amd64 more straightforward....
pauldenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
Senater_Cache
Cooling Savant

get the D4 (DangerDen 12v) instead of the 1250, its 10 bucks more but its worth it. (more powerful and smaller, but it is a bit louder than the 1250!)
Other than that I second a choice of either MCW6002 or TDX (but only if not in conjunction with the 1250)

SenC.
Senater_Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
ntrsfrml
Cooling Neophyte

thanks guys.. I think i'm goin to go with Swifty MCW-6000 series.. it will a lot easier to upgrade to A64 setup in near future ... one thing, whats the diff between the MCW-60002A and MCW-6000A :shrug: ?.. according to this interactive graph http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php .. i see a small negligible diff in delta T's ...

thanks
ntrsfrml is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
funbun
Cooling Neophyte

IMO a relay switch is a waist of money. I'm usig a Hydor L20. These pumps are designed to run outside in small ponds 24/7 for years (longest I've heard is 5 years). Take that money and some lambs or uv stuff or somethng

WATER COOLING:
DangerDen Maze 4 CPU waterblock | Hydor L20 waterpump |Homemade reservior | Heater core|

biketour.blogspot.com
funbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
Razor6
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrsfrml
thanks guys.. I think i'm goin to go with Swifty MCW-6000 series.. it will a lot easier to upgrade to A64 setup in near future ... one thing, whats the diff between the MCW-60002A and MCW-6000A :shrug: ?.. according to this interactive graph http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php .. i see a small negligible diff in delta T's ...

thanks
The 6002 is for 1/2" ID tubing and the 6000 is for 3/8" ID tubing. The reason there is little difference in temperature is because the inlet on the block restricts down to the same size on both blocks.
Razor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 12:33 AM   #8
Chris of Death
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
TDX if you hate 3-barb
T-Line
and PM me about a relay, I'll build you one. If you go with the criticool, you'll have to cut the pump plug, voiding the warranty.

The GM100 Relay Review

everything else is good
Just a slight correction: you don't really have to cut the pump plug. You can cut the female end off an extension cord and wire it in that way. The major drawback is having the bulk of your pump's power cord wrapped up somewhere inside your case and, of course, the cost. . .
Chris of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 01:24 PM   #9
greenman100
Cooling Savant

indeed, you don't

one would hope readers would think of your idea, but thanks for presenting it
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote