Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 11-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #1
nth1rty
Cooling Neophyte

Default Best HSF for a p4 3.06

Hey guys.

Being kind of a nub regarding watercooling (not a nub to pcs in general though =P ) I am going with air cooling at the moment.

I'm getting my hands on a p4 3.06 and a intel board (one of their midrange boards, not their entusiast boards) and win xp pro for $200. Intel's retail program is cool =)

I'm a long time AMD fan (high school student budget + Barton 2500 + pc4000 = FUN) and don't know a whole lot about p4 cooling. Right now, I'm looking at a spark 7+ with arctic silver 5. I am going to buy the XSuperalien from Aspire to put it in. I'm not going to hardcore overclock this processor, but I would be interested in some minor overclocking, as I have the RAM to do it. Any suggestions?

My current rig: here

I'd also be interested to hear sales pitches on watercooling, and how it would make the system better =P

Rig 1:
Intel p4c 3Ghz
Intel D865GBF
2x512 Mushkin Level I pc3500 (200ddr @ 2-6-3-2)
ThermalTake PurePower Butterfly 480watt
Aspire X-SuperAlien

Rig 2:
AMD 2500+ Barton (200 * 10.5)
Asus A7n8X Deluxe Retail
2x512 Kingston HyperX pc4000 (200 ddr @ 2.5-7-3-3)
nth1rty is offline   Reply With Quote