Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 04-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

Default First Paint job

I went for a black, with blue drive and door latch. It was way to windy, so I'm goin to have to redo the paint. As for the plastic, it got a little thick. I cant take normal spray paint off plastic with isopropyl alcohol correct? Going to have to do it over in non windy area. To much grass, etc. flying around to get a good coat. The panel came out pretty good, reflection wise. And would look great if I didnt have to do everything over so much. The top of the case will be real difficult cause I have completely removed the paint.

Anyways if anyone has a host I'll post pics from my crap webcam. First time painting a case.

Anyone had success paintin a monitor and keyboard? I'm going to try painting those maybe if the case turns out good and I learn painting plastic. Pretty sure I saw a article on the web somewhere about that.

Ugh, no sleep in 24hours.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #2
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

Well I am using isopropyl alcohol to remove the blue from the plastic. It should work great if I paint outta the wind. 2 coats at most for the plastic.

As for the panel that I used to learn. It looks pretty good, some bumps. Sanded it down with 600, going to paint it one more time. Then clear coat. Hopefully it looks good.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote