Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-30-2003, 12:21 AM   #1
CheeseBall
Cooling Savant

Default My setup

I am planning on doing the following setup. Please pick it apart and let me know what you think.

Block: Make my own or get TC-4

Radiator: 6.75" X 5.25" X 2" heatercore. Placed at the top of my case like a blow hole. This is to conserve space/look clean, not have to worry about filtering a big hole, and not have to mess with moving a hdd holder. (I have a chieftec DX-01BD, and the lower hdd holder would have to be moved for a descent sized heatercore, and cut interior front panel for 120mm fan).

Pump: MaxiJet 1200? I want it to last and perform good. but not too much $$$ please.

Reservoir: Make my own and stick it in lower HDD holder.

Hose: 1/2" ClearFlex60. (Where's the best place to get this)?

I don't want to spend more than $150 but if upgrading something will make a big impact I will spend more. I just don't want to spend 10 more dollars for a 2C decrease in temp. (I'm not that hardcore).

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Last edited by CheeseBall; 01-30-2003 at 01:18 AM.
CheeseBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #2
jtroutma
Cooling Savant

Looks good to me.

Suggestion though. If you plan on having the radiator at the top of your case, it will be much easier to bleed the air out of the system if you figure out a way to have your res. above the radiator. Not 100% necessary but it does make life a bit easier.

One more though. A home made res. could be as simple as some PVC pipe with an intake in the side, and the outlet at the bottom. At least that is what I did.

BTW TC-4 is a great block. If you do decided to get it, then you might want to consider removing the copper turbulators. It should increase your cooling performance a bit. I have one as well and I will be pulling the turbulators back out and replacing them with some copper springs soon (for a tad bit more cooling potential).
SCSI Raid 5 x (3) Cheetah 15K HDDs
LSI Express 500 (128MB cache)
OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU
ATI X850XT PE (Stock)
DTEK WhiteWater + DTEK Custom Radiator
Eheim 1250
jtroutma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 06:11 AM   #3
gmat
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by jtroutma

One more though. A home made res. could be as simple as some PVC pipe with an intake in the side, and the outlet at the bottom. At least that is what I did.
Same here 40mm PVC tube section + 2 end caps + 2 fittings, total=~$5 and a nice airtrap.

Quote:
Originally posted by jtroutma

BTW TC-4 is a great block. If you do decided to get it, then you might want to consider removing the copper turbulators. It should increase your cooling performance a bit. I have one as well and I will be pulling the turbulators back out and replacing them with some copper springs soon (for a tad bit more cooling potential).
It seems the newest TC-4 are alreasy equipped with copper springs, but don't take my word for it as i have yet to receive mine (ordered it 1 month ago, they're out of poly tops)
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote