Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 03-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Cova
Cooling Savant

Default FS: Entire water cooled system + various parts

Well - after many different cooling projects, upgrades, etc., I've decided my next system is going to be air cooled again. And so, I'm going to sell off as much of the cooling gear as I can.

Lets start with my entire current gaming box, which I would like to sell intact as a unit. It still runs great, but it has a few little things about it that you should all know. 1. The pump has a dead-spot - sometimes when it stops it won't start again - shaking it out of the dead spot will get it going again. Been that way for over a year and I just leave it on, so it's not really an issue for me.
2. I pulled the northbridge mounting hooks out of the motherboard PCB (they were soldered down). The northbridge water-block is currently thermal-epoxied to the northbridge. This is the main reason I'd like to sell it intact instead of parting it out.

Specs:
P4 3.2Ghz Extreme Edition (obviously water-cooled, but currently not OC'd, no idea what its limit is)
Abit IC7-MAX3 (northbridge water-cooled, and original HSF mounts damaged/missing)
ATI Radeon 9700Pro All In Wonder (GPU water-cooled, memory heatsinks added)
2x Seagate 7200RPM SATA drives (currently RAID-0)
2x 512MB Corsair low-latency PC3200 DIMMs (1GB total RAM)
Audigy 2 ZS
LG 16X DVD+/-RW
LG 16X DVD-ROM
Antec PSU and case
I really don't remember what rad is in there, or what the specific block models are.

There are a few pictures of it at: http://www.baumstark.ca/gallery/Chip...oling-Problems they mostly focus on the chipset mounting damage, and are the only pictuers I have right now. I don't too much mind parting out the HD's, optical drives, sound-card - stuff that isn't intermixed/related to the cooling system. Or even just keeping that stuff to use in other systems around the house. Also - once I get confirmation that someone wants this thing, I have the excuse to buy the new system - so there will be a slight delay from when you say you want it till I can ship it.

I also have a box in my basement full of cooling parts from old projects. I've kept them as spares for when I have issues with my main system, but there's not much point in keeping any of it anymore. There's at least 1, maybe 2 older AMD CPU waterblocks. An original BlackIce rad with a custom-made shroud. I think there's a pump or two in there, and various bits of tubing (mostly Tygon) in various lenghts. I'm writing this from work, so I'm sorry I can't be much more specific. I'll update this and throw up pictures when I get home.

I'm thinking $1500 Canadian OBO for the system.
The rest of the parts - I don't really care, they just take up space in my storage room. Buy the system and I'll send 'em all with it. I'll confirm once I look in the box that there isn't something I can't think of, but somewhere between $20 and $50 for the entire box of various parts is probably fair.

Keep in mind I'm located in western Canada for shipping related issues.
Cova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Cova
Cooling Savant

Default Re: FS: Entire water cooled system + various parts

Sorry about the delay - been a busy few days around here. I found that box of old parts, and got a few pictures. I've uploaded them all to here: http://www.baumstark.ca/gallery/Cooling-Parts

Also - I've decided to keep the P4 3.2 system, but I'm converting it into a server, and back to air-cooling. So I'm going to sell off the water-cooling parts in it. They can be separate, or I can throw them in with the other various parts that came out of the box. I've already ordered my replacement system (Opteron 170, 2GB RAM, X1900XTX, etc) and am waiting for parts to arrive. Once I get the new stuff assembled and my data copied over, I'll dissasemble the cooling system and update my inventory at the above link, along with updated price info and such.

I thought I had a couple more pumps around here too, but I might have thrown them out when I moved - they were both not really reliable enough for a 24/7 system, but may be repairable. In case it isn't already clear though, everything I'm listing here is for sale as-is, no returns etc.
Unread 03-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
zachjowi
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cova
Sorry about the delay - been a busy few days around here. I found that box of old parts, and got a few pictures. I've uploaded them all to here: http://www.baumstark.ca/gallery/Cooling-Parts

Also - I've decided to keep the P4 3.2 system, but I'm converting it into a server, and back to air-cooling. So I'm going to sell off the water-cooling parts in it. They can be separate, or I can throw them in with the other various parts that came out of the box. I've already ordered my replacement system (Opteron 170, 2GB RAM, X1900XTX, etc) and am waiting for parts to arrive. Once I get the new stuff assembled and my data copied over, I'll dissasemble the cooling system and update my inventory at the above link, along with updated price info and such.

I thought I had a couple more pumps around here too, but I might have thrown them out when I moved - they were both not really reliable enough for a 24/7 system, but may be repairable. In case it isn't already clear though, everything I'm listing here is for sale as-is, no returns etc.
I am still interseted in the box of parts , but what are the parts and prices for the other water cooling parts from the server your making?

thanks
Unread 03-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Cova
Cooling Savant

I haven't thought too much about prices on the parts in the P4 box yet - but feel free to make an offer. I'm still waiting on delivery of my new cpu/mb/vid card, so that cooling system needs to stay intact and functional until then. When I dissasemble it I'll get detailed pics of each component, as I did for the parts in the box.

For an early idea of what's coming, the pictures linked from my original post are pictures of the cooling system intact. For all pictures in my gallery, you can click 'em twice for 2 levels of zoom - you can read the labels on a lot of that stuff if you go to the most-zoomed version.
Unread 03-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
zachjowi
Cooling Savant

are some of your pumps fish pumps? Also are some of you blocks home made?
Unread 04-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
Cova
Cooling Savant

That pump that says 'Excel 1' on it might be a fish pump - I don't really know what it is or where it came from, just that it was in my box of old parts and I don't want it anymore. If it doesn't sell here I'll be throwing it in the garbage.

None of my blocks are home-made. That one that looks like a solid piece of copper is an old either Maze 1 or Maze 2, I don't remember anymore. The smaller piece of copper next to it is a cold-plate that came with it to sandwitch a pelt or two between the WB and the CPU.

And I apologize about the long delay - a combination of things needing to be taken care of popping up and my digital camera dying (might just be the storage card, but since I only have that 1 storage card its as good as dead) have kept me from keeping this thread (and various PMs) up to date.

I've added a DangerDen TDX, a DangerDen Maze4 Chipset block, and a Swiftech GPU block to the pile as well. The DangerDen blocks fit a socket 478 / 875P chipset MB. I had all the extra inserts for the TDX but I've been unable to find them. There's also now another rad and the pile of various bits of tubing has grown. If I can find a way to get some pictures I'll update the gallery.

Edit: Also a AquaXtreme 50Z 12V pump added to the pile.

Last edited by Cova; 04-06-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
Cova
Cooling Savant

I found the receipts for most of the newer stuff, and added up the original value of the parts that are now in the for-sale pile (I didn't include tubing, coolant additives, etc.), came to $445. I'm thinking with the extra blocks/pumps/rad/etc. added to the pile, someone can have the entire thing for $100 Can + shipping.
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
zachjowi
Cooling Savant

Will you accept my offer I made before and you said you were seriously considering?
Unread 04-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
Cova
Cooling Savant

That offer was for the original pile'o'parts - not including all the stuff I added in post #6. I would rather sell the entire pile in one transaction - but if I get no offers and you aren't interested in the extra parts, then yes I will accept the older offer on the smaller part list.
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #10
zachjowi
Cooling Savant

Do you still have any of the liquid cooling parts or pictures?

thanks